Our Gecko and our Mouse - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-24-2004, 11:52 AM   #21
progeckos
Hey Overton,
Well that’s tough choice for me. I like them both. If I had the room I would get orange spot, discoid, death head, and 6-spot roaches along with the orange heads and lobsters. I guess I have a roach obsession. LOL.

The lobster roaches breed extremely fast but the downside is they are able to climb. This makes them a little harder to work with. The orange heads are non-climbers but don’t produce as fast as the lobsters. If I had to chose between the two the orange heads would barely win just because they don’t climb.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:58 PM   #22
diablohogs
Quote:
Beautiful tangerines Chad!
thank you. actually the female eating the pinkie is in shed in that picture. they have produced about 12 babies for me this year one of which is extremely orange (but pulled off his tail during a shed and ate it).

as far as the roaches... i know that clay davenport sells a spray on his website thats prevents roaches from climbing (when sprayed on a surface).

Old 06-24-2004, 04:55 PM   #23
RedQuake
Hey Cody,

The roaches are sounding pretty cool, i'll have to investigate getting some. Right now i'm happy all of my geckos are eating mealworms as i really really don't like crickets.

I hope that my geckos will eat the pinkies, i don't know what i'd do with them if no one ate them LOL.....

Thanks for the info,
Red

Old 06-24-2004, 05:01 PM   #24
diablohogs
Quote:
I hope that my geckos will eat the pinkies, i don't know what i'd do with them if no one ate them
battered and deepfried they taste great dipped in some buttermilk house dressing.

Old 06-24-2004, 05:49 PM   #25
progeckos
Chad,
For being in shed, she still looks awesome. That sucks. It’s always the nice ones that lose their tails. I know how that feels.

I looked on Clay’s website and I only found the bug stop. That’s what I’m currently using. I wish it was a spray because it would be easier to apply.

Lianne,
Roaches are cool. I was skeptical when I first got them but they really are great. I will not use crickets ever again, as I hate them too.

Only a hand full of my geckos will eat pinkies, but they have to be live. A few years back I had a female that took them frozen/thawed.

Quote:
battered and deepfried they taste great dipped in some buttermilk house dressing.
LOL. Chad did you get bored and do some taste testing?

Old 06-24-2004, 06:22 PM   #26
diablohogs
Quote:
LOL. Chad did you get bored and do some taste testing?
everything tastes good battered deep fried and dipped in a buttermilk house dressing.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:57 AM   #27
riverjop
So I can see how you keep the lobsters from climbing out of "there" enclosure. But what about all the different "Geckos" enclosures, when you are feeding them?
Won't they climb out? (I have about 3/16 to 1/4 inch between the roof and the top of the enclosures

Old 06-25-2004, 11:47 AM   #28
progeckos
Yeah that’s the problem I was having at first. What I do is crush their heads. What this does is paralyze them to where they can’t run around real fast or climb. They wiggle still which attracts the gecko’s attention. Then they are served in a petri dish. I know it seems cruel but it works.

Old 06-25-2004, 01:48 PM   #29
diablohogs
bug stop is the product is was refering to. i thought it came in a spray can.

Old 06-25-2004, 10:01 PM   #30
riverjop
good idea! Thanks cody!...so could you send me one roach? If my geckos like it I may order a couple more?

No really, thanks I think I will be making a switch!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!