What’s the first thing that attracts your attention in an ad? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

View Poll Results: What's the first thing that attracts your attention in an ad?
A picture of the animal 56 64.37%
The price associated with the animal being offered 4 4.60%
The person/breeder who offers the animal 9 10.34%
The wording employed 6 6.90%
Mainly option 1 10 11.49%
Mainly option 2 1 1.15%
Mainly option 3 0 0%
Mainly option 4 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2005, 06:06 PM   #41
dwedeking
Quote:
On the other hand some people might think that once someone e-mails for pictures they establish a contact. It's like having people just walking by your store or actually going in and talking with you about your items.
This was a common thought process in advertising and marketing 30 years ago. Depending upon the marketing/advertising tool you are using this may or may not be a smart methodology to advertising. If you are putting a sandwich board in front of a retail establishment where you may get 100 - 500 people per day walking by (at the most), you want something that will grab their attention but make them ask a question about the product or services. The need to know the answer will get them through the door to start the sales process. When you are advertising online, you are reaching a much larger market. As such you need to prequalify your customers (and a photo is a great way to do this) so that your only dealing with interested parties and don't get overwhelmed with responses (if your not seeing this as an issue online then you need to review your advertisements as something is off, either the location, the offering or the pricing).

Daniel Wedeking
Scales - Premium Exotic Reptiles
http://www.exoticlizards.com

It's A Reptile Thing
http://www.reptilething.com

Old 09-18-2005, 07:25 PM   #42
darkbloodwyvern
images!

i know people can steal images from breeders, etc, but it's still nice to see what's up for offer. Major typos and net slang make me much more wary of someone. Pardon me if you don't know english very well, but i generally take badly written ads as a STAY CLEAR warning. if you want money for your product take the time to quickly spell things as correctly as you can. the internet has dictionaries for just a quick reference. multiple pics are great too, and an artistic and well designed logo/header/ad always makes me happy. i love making logos as attractive as possible, and using bright and nicely contrasting colors in my commissions, because that is what draws my eye the most.
~jessi wyvern

www.darkbloodwyvern.deviantart.com

Old 02-25-2006, 01:12 PM   #43
Living Art Reptiles
Hi,

1) Pictures are extremely important. Their is a lot of people brokering snakes that they don't have in their possession and the ads lack pictures of the animal being sold. By seeing pictures you can actually see the quality of the advertised animal. 2) Wording of the ads are also important, It is not necessary to say one day sale, weekend sale Etc. One does not have to say need to sell, must pay off credit card bills. By the advertiser putting $1,000.00 or O.B.O. (or best offer) is suffice. 3) Who is selling then comes into play, I mean there are a few companies out there that are notorious for misleading linage and selling sick animals. Now #3 can rank right up to #1 if its a know Bad Guy, LOL! :-) 4) Price is the least of my concerns, in many cases you do get what you pay for. Sometimes, low prices equal low quality animals.

Take care,

Tony.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #44
John E Dove
Well I guess I would have to say it is primarily the wording that attracts me because I only open ads that say they have something I might be interested in looking at.
If an ad simply says "Snakes for sale" forget it but I might open one that says "Many Garter Species and Morphs for sale".

That said if there is no picture I never bother looking at the ad and hit the back button.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #45
The BoidSmith
If the ad says "normal female" and you are not looking for one you will more than likely not even open it. But if the ad states "You've got to see this", one feels the need to open it just in case what's in there is what one was actually looking for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!