I am now a Delta Dash Known shipper. What a breeze! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:10 AM   #1
DavidButton
I am now a Delta Dash Known shipper. What a breeze!

Well that was easy enough. They inspector who came out was really nice and came in and checked out the snakes, did the paper work and we were done in about 30 minutes. This was a whole lot easier than anything I have heard about becoming a certified FedEx reptile shipper.
So I would have to say to anyone trying to figure out who to ship with to use Delta Dash. I know that there have been posts about things going wrong with shipments through them, but there have been problems with them all at one time or another. At least they don't make you jump through too many hoops to be able to ship with them.

David

Old 02-08-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
RogerProws
I am not farmiliar with this shipping method. When I visited the site I am of the understanding that this is to be utilized for shipping large quantities of orders at once as per the 153.00 minimum charge. Is that correct?

Old 02-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #3
DavidButton
I don't know what site you are refering to that said that they have a $153 minimum charge. Their minimum charge for reptile shipments is $48 plus their surcharge of $0.16 per lb., which if you go to www.deltacargo.com you will notice that their rates have actually decreased for this year which is a nice switch.
But anyhow, Delta Dash is Delta airlines cargo service company. Shipments must be dropped off and picked up at the Delta Dash aircargo offices located at most of the major airports across the country. With this service most shipments can reach their destination and be ready for pickup within 8-12 hours of drop off. It costs a little more, but I believe it is a lot less stressful on the animal because of the shorter length of time and also not banging around the back of some hot or freezing truck.

David

Old 02-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #4
Rockford
shipping.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidButton
Well that was easy enough. They inspector who came out was really nice and came in and checked out the snakes, did the paper work and we were done in about 30 minutes. This was a whole lot easier than anything I have heard about becoming a certified FedEx reptile shipper.
So I would have to say to anyone trying to figure out who to ship with to use Delta Dash. I know that there have been posts about things going wrong with shipments through them, but there have been problems with them all at one time or another. At least they don't make you jump through too many hoops to be able to ship with them.

David

Do they come to your house? How long from application till you are approved? Who do you contact to become approved? Maybe a link?

Thanks-

Bthacker

Old 02-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #5
Tripple H Herps
It took me about 2-3 weeks then they came out and looked at my house. It was a real breaze. I have been a known shipper for a while now. Delta is the only way to go on venomous reptiles, and mammals. Its also the only "good" or "cheap" way to ship in bulk orders. Can you imagine the bill on 50 ball python ADULTS being shipped overnight thru UPS?
Jim

Old 02-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #6
DavidButton
Ok, first you need to go to their website www.deltacargo.com and on the right hand side of the page you will see "Cargo Registration". Under that there are 3 steps. You will have to start with 1 of course and fill out their online form to start the process of becoming a known shipper. They will e-mail you in a few days and ask for your phone number. Repy to that e-mail with your phone number and then someone will contact you by phone. WHen they do this they will ask you a few questions and explain the contract agreement to you and arrange for you to have a facility inspection. After the call it only took a couple days and someone from their local Delta Cargo facility contacted me and set up an appointment for the inspector to come out. There will be a couple forms that you will have to fill out when the inspector comes out and that is it. I would suggest having your snake room clean and in order when he does come. It just makes for a better impression.
The whole process has taken about 10 days and now all I am waiting for is the final approval and I can start shipping.
The nice thing was that I didn't have to make 50 phone calls and jump through a bunch of hoops to get this done. ANd I almost forgot, it is all free!
The main thing that you have to do to keep up your end of the contract is ship at least 6 times a year with them and 3 of those times must be in the first 6 months. If you e-mail me I will send you the contract forms that I had to fill out so that you can see what it intails. david@thealbinoboa.com

David

Old 02-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #7
Rockford
Much appreciated.....

Thanks David!!!

Bthacker

Old 02-26-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
StickyTongues
What happens if you don't ship atleast 6 through them? Do they charge you?

Sam Leam

Old 03-05-2005, 11:19 PM   #9
crimsonking
I just got the ball rolling this week. We'll see.
:Mark

Old 10-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #10
lisl8166
Shipping a snake

I read your post about becoming a Delta Dash approved shipper. My son moved from New York State to California and we assumed that shipping his 4ft red tail boa would be easy. I have been trying to find an approved shipper and have only reached dead ends. I am willing to drive with the snake to Mass., Connecticut, Pennsylvania and even further afield to ship him. Can you help?
\I am grateful for ANY advice you can give me!

lisl8166

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!