QUESTIONS FOR THE FEMALE SNAKE-OWNERS - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #191
XxBLUExX
1. What type of snake(s) do you own?

1 ball python, used to have 4.

2. What sparked your interest in the particular snake(s) you own?

I actually found her as a tiny baby freezing in an abandoned house in the middle of winter!

3. Do you have help with your snake(s)?

Nope, the family is scared of my sweet girl. Lol

4. How tall are you?

5. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your size/age?

Pancake, my first and only snake at the moment, was entirely a random event, so I didn't really "choose" a breed of snake that suited me, I do have a soft spot for ball pythons now though, sweet little creatures

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?

I've always wanted a Burmese, but I'm totally going to hold off on that until I have more experience with powerful constrictors, and some help for a 16+ foot coil of muscles. So yeah, I suppose.

7. What is your age group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #192
cornchips
3 ball pythons, 1 cornsnake, 2 sand boas, 1 bullsnake, 1 pinesnake, 1 nelsons milksnake

I love all species of snakes

Absolutely not.

4. How tall are you?

5ft 4 in

Yes, I have be able to handle, clean and take care of them on my own.

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?
Yes, I have a family and dont feel comfortable with venomous or extra large snakes
I mean over 10 ft.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #193
JinxtheBP

I have a Normal Ball Python, a Brazilian Rainbow Boa, a Butter Motley Corn Snake, and a Butter Bee Ball Python.

In fifth grade we had a normal corn snake for a class pet. I don't remember if I was interested in reptiles before that, but that certainly clinched it. She was wonderful. Individually, though...

The normal BP came home with me because I was young and naive and he was being neglected at the pet store. The BRB came home with me because I saw one years ago when they were still relatively rare and I've wanted one for years. The butter motley corn was $20 on Craigslist and super overweight. She's looking much better these days and is the prettiest motley I've ever seen. The butter bee was just too handsome to pass up. I've always wanted a BP morph of some kind. Mission accomplished!

Nope! I'm single and I care for them all on my own. I don't really have a desire to have a pet that requires me to have another person around in order for me to safely handle it.

4. How tall are you?

5'9"

No. They're all just ones I think are pretty and interesting!

I suppose, yes. But I don't see how this has to do with gender at all. Every good keeper should know their limits and respect them for their safety and the safety of their animals.

15-25

I'm 25.

My question for the other ladies, if anyone sees this, is...

8. What other snakes would you like to own one day?

I have a whole list of other snakes I would like. Someday!

Bloor or Short-Tail Python
Carpet Python
Woma
Trans Pecos Rat
Dwarf Retic
Rosy Boa
Columbian Rainbow Boa
Hognose
House Snake
White Lipped Python
Some kinda Red Tailed Boa

Old 01-31-2015, 02:08 PM   #194
mthibodeaux

6 western hognose
2 ball pythons
1 diamondback water snake
1 central american red tail boa

I always liked hognose, they are adorable. Learned about them in a natural history course and bought myself one about a year later. The ball pythons were because they are just chill, cool snakes. The CA RTB because they are a good size as adults without being huge and they are generally good natured, not to mention pretty. The water snake because it was $5 at a repticon and looks cool.

(This is NOT a married/single question! Some of us have snakes & husbands/boyfriends that want nothing to do with them!)

The bf puts them water but other than that, it's all me.

4. How tall are you?

5'10"

Not really

Kinda. I would like to own an venemous or two but do not have the proper setups for them.

I am 21. Have been owning snakes for about 2 years now.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:40 AM   #195
ShawneeAlice

I have 5 ball pythons and 1 Caulker Cay Boa constrictor

Well I like ball pythons for all of their amazing morphs and they are super cute when balled up. Also they don't get too big to handle and are generally sweet. With my boa, I just love the boa personality. My boa is a lot more active and curious than my BP's. Also this might sound weird but I love the constrictor grip. To feel the amazing strength of the animal is something to behold..

Nope. I live alone (And hope to remain that way forever) and take care of my 1 dog, 2 cats, 17 hamsters, 1 aquarium, 2 bearded dragons, 12 geckos, 8 tarantulas, and 6 snakes all on my own.

4. How tall are you?

5'2"

Unfortunately, yes. I am pretty short, even for a girl, and handling an adult boa is rather difficult for me. I'm pretty strong, but that's why I went with a dwarf boa. I do hope to have a columbian boa someday though. I just want to handle more adults before that happens.

Not really. I may actually end up keeping hots someday. It really depends.

I am 21 years old.

Old 04-13-2015, 02:06 AM   #196
Tracyanncat
BEL Ball Python & California Mountain Kingsnake

Fate, my fiancé brought home the kingsnake he rescued from some boy scouts who got bored with it. I've always wanted snakes and finally I had a partner who encouraged it. My exes were creeped out... I just got into BP's because I want a snake that will cuddle.

I handle the husbandry and the details and he helps with the maintenance and feeding. Team effort!

4. How tall are you?
5'7"

Nope, but my small apartment dictated how large of a snake I could keep. We already have 2 cats and 20+ house plants. It's a jungle in here!

Again, space is the bigger issue. I also would hate for one of the kitties to become dinner. They were here first after all.

26-40

Tracy Ann Catherine

Old 06-30-2015, 02:21 AM   #197
redshepherd
Albino male ball python
Black Pastel female ball python

Always interested in snakes since I was 7 years old... I think they're elegant and personally think ball pythons have adorable faces. Ball pythons are my favorite overall in terms in temperament and appearance, with all their morphs.

Nope

4. How tall are you?
5'5"

nope

Partially. I prefer the tamer ones... I'd prefer to avoid being bitten, and when bitten, are only minor wounds. And ball pythons also happen to be beautiful.

15-25

Old 07-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #198
Carlton

1 normal ball python.

This particular snake was a rescue, but I picked him because of some specific markings (big-eyed alien heads) and personality, but I like most snakes.

(This is NOT a married/single question! Some of us have snakes & husbands/boyfriends that want nothing to do with them!)

Nope. Though I have some eager neighborhood kids who "visit" us at feeding time.

4. How tall are you?

5'11"

Not really. However, I don't like the idea of cramming a large constrictor into a living space that happens to be convenient for me. Its easier to provide a comfortably generous space for smaller species. I've seen too many giant snakes wedged into sad situations.

Sort of. Several of my favorite species are hots (rhinos and Gaboons), but I don't choose to take on those risks. I'm a very very long way from help. Its OK to enjoy them vicariously.

Older than that, but none of your business!

If you feel so inclined, add questions of your own that you'd like answers to, from your fellow female snake-lovers!

Given choice, what would you like to keep?

Solomon Isl ground boa, Malagasy leaf-nosed snake, Amazon Basin emeralds

Old 10-20-2015, 11:30 PM   #199
jaxtheretic24
2 retics, 2 boas, 1 yellow annie, 1 borneo short tailed, one ball python

I had little snakes growing up and decided I wanted something bigger

My boyfriend helps out with my larger snakes

4. How tall are you?
short.... 5 ft

Not really. My first retic was my platinum male and he was so intriguing I had to get another one.

Not really. Some of them came to me as free rescues people didn't want anymore.

18-25

Old 03-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #200
arex83
-two olive african house snakes
-one patternless columbian rainbow boa
-looking for a bloodred corn and blonde malagasy hognose

-I already own dogs, cats, fish, rodents, and frogs...I realized I lacked any birds or reptiles. And I'm not much of a bird person.

Yes - he is the most gracious love of my life. When we first met, I only had one dog. Our family has blossomed and he has supported me all the way, including my desire to not have human children

4. How tall are you?
5'4", 120lbs...but most of the time I possess the grace and size of a sasquatch on redbull

Not particularly; the large snakes intimidate me in terms of compatibility with the rest of my pets. Plus I think that would be pushing the limit with my husband. The rainbow boa is probably my max.

No, but my 2 pit bulls do. Well, sort of. They look terrifying but they are the mushiest rescues.

15-25
26-40 --> Just turned 33...time to start lying.
41-50
Older than that, but none of your business!
None of you're business, no matter how old I am!

8. How many of you have had your love of the scaley ones ruin a relationship ?? Friend? Lover?? IN LAW??
None of my animals have ever ruined my current relationship. However, my ex-fiance became my ex b/c of his "no pets" policy. To put that into perspective, my current mother in law calls my female pet rat one of her "grandchildren".

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass
I have no idea...I figured they'd all get divided up as parting gifts among all my friends who know me well enough to know how much I love my animal children

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!