TRACKING CHARTS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-04-2004, 01:48 PM   #1
riverjop
TRACKING CHARTS

Ok, so lets see a few of your different ways of tracking your herps, daily charts, weekly, monthly...whatever?
I tryed to directly download but couldn't so I just took a damm pic....lol

Old 05-04-2004, 02:08 PM   #2
riverjop
la-de-da
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
ew1074
I use a really good program for the computer called Herp Care Software. Its nice. You can download it for free from www.thegeckocam.com

Old 05-04-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
diablohogs
Microsoft Excel

i have numerous excel spreadsheets i use. that coupled with color coding, naming, and just plain memory is how i keep track of my geckos and thier eggs and growth.

i weigh all my geckos once a month and keep track of that on an excel growth chart i made (maybe i can eventually transfer those results to an easy to read graph) and keep track of food preferences, sex, morphs, proven or not, D.O.B., what line, who they have been paired with, ect, ect... on a seperate one.

in addition to that i also have an egg chart which keeps track of the parents, which laying it is, birth weight, lenghth of incubation, incubation temp, ect, ect...

i find this to be the best method because i can 'sort' the spreadsheets by different catergories with the click of a mouse.

Old 05-04-2004, 03:50 PM   #5
beakgeek
MYSQL on line Database

I'm working on a mysql web based database to track information on my leopard geckos. The cool thing is that when I get it done anyone with any mysql knowledge can go in and make any changes they feel necessary. I'll let you guys know when I have the a beta version on-line so you can look at it.

Regards,

Terry

Old 05-04-2004, 07:38 PM   #6
Golden Gate Geckos
charts

I use my own Excel charts. I keep track of everything from feedings, weights, #clutches, incubation duration, hatch rates, all the way to what their poop looks like! LOL! I like Excel because once you get the template made, you just plug in the data and you can plot it by graphs, histograms, pie-carts, etc. Heck, I still have everything from 1995 to present!

Old 05-04-2004, 08:21 PM   #7
riverjop
SEE! AN INTERESTING CONVERSATION

I also use"herp care software" But I like to have a tangable hard copy I can jot down info everyday. I keep track of weight, "power feeding", breeding, laying, hatching, etc..... and thats just on me! you should see all the info the gecko's keep on me...........there always spying in on me when Im in my hide!
Dam them!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!