New house in Al~ offer was accepted!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #21
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I'm here and back online~ and now I have some pics!
Lots of pics so I'm just gonna put up the smaller thumbnails~ lets see~
these are the house.
the front

the back

some of my pasture (there is about 15 acre of pasture)

and the my woods~ there is a something less than 9 acre of woods (how do I clear it for more pasture?)

Scott and Will trying to mow a LOT of lawn!

the shed I'd like to make into a mouse house~ until I have it ready the mice will go in the back garage

The reason I'm afraid to use the shed NOW~ isnt it supposed to sit fully on those blocks? And should it be right were the run off rain from the house obviously drains?

My dog enjoying the new yard (I want to get underground fence up so she can roam some without worrying about her harrassing the neighbors cows or goats)

TWO of the THREE cats that came with the property. They are very friendly......but I brought two cats with me. These three put me at 5 cats~ I'm afraid that may qualify me as the "Cat lady" I never wanted to be. They are two females and one male.......so if I don't pay to have them fixed in short order I"ll REALLY be the cat lady. (WHO leaves what are obviously tame pet cats when they move? Apparently the people who used to own this house!)

I can help ya square some of that away when I bring your critters and stuff up.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:56 AM   #22
shrap
Awesome Cheryl!! I am very happy for you and think the place looks awesome!!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:46 AM   #23
Ginger Ambrose
Very Very nice.
Your home is beautiful, and I know you will be happy
here in the south.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #24
NisaDF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyserpent7
hey cheryl...you know what else you can have that you cant here in cali.....a pet skunk...i hear theyr great pets to have!! congrats on the house..its beautiful..

The laws in Alabama have changed. Skunks are now illegal to own unless purchased from a licenced Alabama breeder and there are no licenced breeders. I used to have some before the laws changed.

Cheryl I'm from the Cullman Pet Depot. Talked to you when you picked up shavings.

Looks like you've got a nice place. Unfortunately people tend to leave the "barn" cats behind. I figure that is what those three were thought of as. I'd personally get them fixed if you can. If you're closest to Cullman then I'd suggest Lee's Vet. Which Dr. Bonds at Lee's does see reptiles and I've been happy with her when I've needed something for mine.

I'm not sure how close you are to my area, but if you need information about things in the area just ask and I'll help you if I can.

Oh and I might can suggest some places for goats and peacocks. And if you just want the game type chicken my Grandmother has those Not everyone like that type, but they are pretty. Oh, and have you seen guenies?

Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 PM   #25
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Nice to see you here Vanisa. I appreciate the information. I didn't actually plan on getting a skunk so I guess I'm okay! But I do want goats, and cows and chickens! I'm still trying to get my act together and figure out what I want to do though and how to do it. I'm pretty green about rural living......but I'm loving it!

I already got all three cats fixed last week~ I wanted it done before I had 30 cats I didn't want! The lady at the humane society directed me to Tommy Little's clinic. He gave me a nice discount for doing three cats I didn't even want, wormed them and gave them all rabies shots. He even went ahead and cleaned up a wound on the males leg for free. Everyone here is just so nice!!!

Hopefully I'll see you at the reptile show y'all told me about this weekend. We are planning to go check it out Saturday!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 AM   #26
NisaDF
I'll be there. Good chance I'm picking up my new babies there. Though I might just pick them up direct, but I tend to go to the show each month anyways. I'll also be needing to pick up a few bags of rat feed from one of the people at the show.

And someone at the show tends to have the TekLad Aspen, but I'm not sure on the price.

As for cows if you think you might want to try your hand at bottle raising a calf put your name in at the stockyard. They sometimes give away new born calfs to whoever gets there first. I'd try for one, but my land is all woods and I like my trees too much.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!