A Little Help Deciding? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-31-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
Snake_Girlie101
A Little Help Deciding?

hello i'm trying to decide whether to get a Mexican Black Kingsnake Or a Black Milksnake. i'm very new to snake keeping so i want one that is very docile, easy to handle, and a great pet to add to my growing collection. i love the look of Black Milks epically that they go through a color change. but i also like the MBK because it is already black. i would get both but i don't have the room for both. so which would you pick.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
hhmoore
If room is an issue, you might want to consider MBKs as the black milks tend to be quite a bit bigger...then again, they both start out small . Both are great snakes, and I don't think you would be unhappy with either.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
Snake_Girlie101
yes i have read and heard the they get about 5'-7' and I'm totally happy with that. i have another question what size sterilite tub to keep them in when they are adults? i have my yearling corn in a 58Qt tub so i was wondering if a 70-78Qt tub would be fine for them as they mature?

Old 02-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #4
hhmoore
It's hard to keep track of all the sizes, lol...the 70 (or is it the 78) is on the same footprint as the 41qt. That one would be sufficient for a good while; but they are fairly active snakes, and I think the adults need more space. The 74 qt box is a great size for an adult black milk (that will be my next rack size - if I can figure out where to put it)

Old 02-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #5
Snake_Girlie101
ok thank you so much

Old 02-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #6
jamay
Was it Nanci that said to go with the black milksnake? I'd go for the milksnake almost entirely for the color change. It seems the MBK are much more common (probably due to price) and it's nice to be different. Good luck in your decision!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!