WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST ON BUYING HET FOR ALBINO. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-13-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
GREGORY J HALL
WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST ON BUYING HET FOR ALBINO.

I am looking in to getting a pair of 100% het for albino ball pythons for a future project,what would you recommend (breeders,w/paper work or shows)? Also what are the $$$ going for now for het animals?Just looking in to getting some nice animals as pets & to breed possible albino.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
RJK890
Use the BOI

I would suggest using the BOI to research anybody that you are considering purchasing hets from. However, you need to be a little discerning when reading through the threads.
I myself would only buy hets from reputable big name breeders and a handful of smaller breeders. In either case you should make sure you get genetic papers just in case you change directions and want to resell the animals before proving them out yourself.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
I've always liked asking for signed picture IDs when purchasing heteros. If in the future you want to sell the animal you can prove it's the same one. Not that a picture ID will prevent you from being scammed (HCE sold microchipped fake hets) but is nice to have. The problem when buying at a show is that the likelihood of getting a picture ID of the animal is near "0". The bottomline is that you need to purchase from a trusted source as the paperwork is as good as the person who issued it.

And don't go by price, go by reputation and years in the morph market!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
SPJ
Go with someone who has been around a while and has a good reputation. Still no guarentee but it stacks the odds in your favor.
Whatever you do, make sure the snake matches the photo ID. That is a bit tougher at a show since it's crowded. I bought a het albino a few years back and got paperwork. When I got home, I realized the snake in the photo was not the snake I paid for. I called and was told he would ship the correct paperwork. Never did and dropped off the face of the earth. Later I came to find out he only had a few hets but made a bunch of copies of the paperwork (easy to do with a scanner and printer ) and matched up CH babies with the copied paperwork. I have had a very expensive pet normal ever since.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
GREGORY J HALL
Guys thanks for the advice Im scared of getting ripped off too! I would have a proplem purchasing at a show I may be better off getting a albino male & het female to start my project.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Check with Joe Dembinski, he is a trustworthy guy and not so long ago he had a large het female for sale.

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!