Would like current market price opinions on my boas.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
Dianne Johnson
Would like current market price opinions on my boas....

First, let me state that these two boas are not for sale. I am just trying to find out what these unusually patterned boas may be worth on the current market.

They are four years old, about 4-4.5 feet long, they are siblings and are not yet proven as breeders. I do believe the patterns are going to prove genetic because the male that sired these went on to sire two more litters with over 50% aberrant patterned offspring in each. One of the two additional litters was with the same female that birthed these, the other litter was with a different female.

This is the female:

This is the male:

Also, any opinions on what they would be considered pattern-wise? I've simply called the female a partial stripe and the male reverse striped. Your input is appreciated!

Thanks,
Dianne

Old 08-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
Ed Clark
This should be in the boa discussion forum.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
I dont know what they might be worth, but i want to compliment you on some GORGEOUS boas! The male catches my eye especially

I hope you get an answer.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
Dianne Johnson
Thanks for the compliments...I'm rather partial to these guys, too! :-)

Dianne

Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #5
Junkyard
The male is a reverse stripe and looks like a Panama locale, he would carry a descent price. The female has a nice aberrant saddle and would run only regular price as an unproven girl. As siblings, they should throw out a wild group of babies, I would love to see them if you do breed them.

Just for clarification, of the liters from the male that sired these two, which pattern was more abundant? The revers stripe or aberrant saddles?

Old 08-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #6
Dianne Johnson
Both parents of these were normal looking Colombians, nothing spectacular really - the male was a fairly dark normal, the female on the lighter side of normal coloring. The reverse stripe male is the only surviving one like him though I did have one stillborn who matched him in the last litter of this pairing. The rest with aberrant patterns were like this female, some strongly patterned like her and some that only had the connecting saddles or striping along the tail. Of the litter born to the other adult female I have (also a normal Colombian), all of those aberrant offspring were like this female with connected saddles along the back and/or connected red saddles down the tail.

I have since sold the pair that sired these two, because of a need to reduce my collection but I'm hoping to produce more like them...especially the male.

Dianne

Old 08-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
That male would look real good wrapped up with this lady here. Too bad she's still a neonate. LOL

I can't eve begin to tell you what market value would be on those two. As they age, they become worth more to an extent.

I wouldn't part with that male for nothing though. He's just too cool looking.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #8
Dianne Johnson
Wow! She's a beauty! And yes, they'd make great babies together were the timing right.

Finding market prices on these guys has been extremely difficult. I've found prices on boas like my female ranging anywhere from $350 to $1,200 each, but haven't found any prices on reverse stripes at all. When I sold their siblings and half-siblings, the aberrant patterned neonates went for $100-$150 each depending on the degree of pattern and the normal littermates sold for around $85-$100 (this was at one of the local herp shows). They are older, the male may even breed next year with my normal female (depending on if he figures it out...he didn't this year). So, I guess I keep on looking to get some kind of idea of the price range between now and whenever I do produce more.

Thanks for the input!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!