Ac/Dc Black Ice World Tour! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Ac/Dc Black Ice World Tour!

https://tickets.acdc.com/

Im goin!!!
^_^ FINALLY!!!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 03:09 AM   #2
shrap
Oh my... I am not sure I could take the sight of Angus's legs anymore. 60 year old men should not wear school boy uniform shorts.

Bon Scott Rocks On!!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Oh my... I am not sure I could take the sight of Angus's legs anymore. 60 year old men should not wear school boy uniform shorts.

Bon Scott Rocks On!!
mmmmmm Angus Hairy old man legs!......

Bon of course, was my favorite. He was a natural! he gave them their "Sound" in those earlier years! But Brian is good too, and brings a whole different Type of SOUND to them in his own way. I like them both Nothing could ever replace Bon though.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
shrap
Yeah I like Brian too. I mean come on, Brian's first album with AC/DC was Back in Black, which was a tribute to Bon and what became AC/DC's signature album.

But yeah, nothing beats the menacing and mischievous sound of Bon Scott's voice. Bon was THE MAN!! I mean how many people do you know whose official cause of death is listed as "death by misadventure"?

Old 09-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Yeah I like Brian too. I mean come on, Brian's first album with AC/DC was Back in Black, which was a tribute to Bon and what became AC/DC's signature album.

But yeah, nothing beats the menacing and mischievous sound of Bon Scott's voice. Bon was THE MAN!! I mean how many people do you know whose official cause of death is listed as "death by misadventure"?

Rock ON!

They talk about that day in the Bonfire Album's booklet that comes with.

but also they talk about how they found brian, and such too!

I think bon made a comment when they were visiting a small club.. like " if it werent me singing, id want him to!" so they went and looked for brian afterwards, and asked him if he wanted to do it.

I feel that... that right there... makes it better about the whole.. new lead singer thing too. Bon Picked that guy.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:21 AM   #6
FLTortoise
WOW

I just found this thread and must say I get excited hearing about Bon Scott. The man was unreal in such as casual way. Almost 20 years ago, a friend brought me a dubbed tape with all kinds of songs- LA Guns, Faster Pussycat, Old Skid Row and a song "Oh Ruby" by Dirty Looks. Dirty Looks was a band that played the college circuit in the Northeast, mainly PA and NY. There is a part in the song where the singer, Henrik Ostergaard, gets poetic and story tells like Bon did. Henrik is from Denmark and holds a bit of an accent. I almost dropped dead thinking it was Bon reincarnated. My buddy knew how much I loved Bon and rushed this tape for me to hear. Dirty Looks soon became my favorite band along with AC-DC. They are a cross between old AC-DC and Accept but more so AC-DC. Think also old AC-DC but quicker lyrics. Dirty Looks released several albums, the best and most famous being "Cool From The Wire" where "Oh Ruby" was on. The band had videos on MTV and several albums released by Atlantic Records but never hit it big for whatever reason. I think in part because Henrik didn't look like Brett Michaels or Jon Bon Jovi which is a shame. Also, Nirvana and Pearl Jam soon followed and metal was pushed aside. Timing was bad. Henrik was lead guitar, singer and main song writer- a rock legend to those in the NE who knew him. Do yourself a favor and go to You Tube with this link and hear Oh Ruby by Dirty Looks. About 2:30 into the song is the part where Bon is "reincarnated." Do yourself a bigger favor and buy Cool From The Wire off the internet. The CD goes down as one of the best albums of all time- yes of all time including AC-DC, Led Zepplin- all of them. The online recording and your PC speakers won't do the voice justice but you can tell no matter the uncanny resemblance to Bon. I remember exactly what I was doing when I first heard it and it created a connection for me to that era of metal music and Dirty Looks that still stands to this day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzX5r3nNIFU

Old 10-21-2008, 02:23 AM   #7
Bill Stonegate
Heard a few cuts off the new album. Sounds the same as all their other recordings. Don't get me wrong. When they busted out that new sound in the late 70's, it was way cool.

Seems to me, they have not really developed as artists, and are just cashing in, because they can.

I was hoping the new album would be something new. It wasn't. Further, if I gotta take the "Highway to Hell," then so be it.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #8
KelliH
In the beginning...back in 1955..man didn't know bout a rock n roll show...and all that jive...

Old 10-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #9
Double LY
I can't believe you guys are wasting time talking about AC/DC when NEIL DIAMOND is touring again

Part of my illustrious career is managing the ticket requests for my company. Something about listening to millionaire crybabies beg for free tickets makes the bile immediately rise in my throat once I hear a new concert announcement

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!