My Tinley Purchase - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
MiIguanaLvr
Talking My Tinley Purchase

I am so excited about my new baby. I spent most of Saturday at Tinley walking from vendor to vendor checking out all of the baby beardies. I was a little overwhelmed because this was my first reptile show but I was determined to get the perfect beardie baby from what I thought was the best looking bunch of beardies there.

After going through the whole building, stopping, talking and checking out babies I went back to one of the first groups I saw when I got there.
The seller was Ronsters Monsters and they had some of the nicest, healthiest looking babies around.

I already had a beardie female that I adopted from rescue about two and a half years ago. Her name is Matilda and she is just a doll. So I had decided I wanted a baby to raise.

So, here is my little boy. I have not come up with a name just yet.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:12 AM   #2
norsmis
Great looking guy there Beth! And it was nice meeting you at the show. Hope you had a good time!

Old 10-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
TheFragginDragon
Handsome little devil Beth! And it was nice to meet you as well! Sorry I didn't get to meet you Ron, I couldn't stay as long as I wanted, and it was definitely hard to stay focused with all the opportunities for more personal debt there

Old 10-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
MiIguanaLvr
It was nice getting to meet both of you. I had such a good time but it was quite overwhelming. I think maybe a smaller show might have been good for a first time. LOL

I kept walking around saying "I wish I had several grand to spend"
There were baby Rhino and Cuban Iguanas and I wanted one of each. There was also an Egyptian Uromastyx that I wanted really bad. Oh yeah, and a blue tongue skink. LOL See what I mean?

Old 10-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
Tere Salazar
What a cutie pie! He's got tons of color and a nice round belly. He's going to be one handsome little man when he grows up!

I love that second pic. It so shows some personality, and how alert and curious he is.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon View Post
What a cutie pie! He's got tons of color and a nice round belly. He's going to be one handsome little man when he grows up!

I love that second pic. It so shows some personality, and how alert and curious he is.
He really does have personality! Let me tell you, that kid cracks me up already and is so friendly.
I really like this boy.
I know I could have gotten another dragon from rescue and in fact there is one in rescue now that I will adopt if she survives. She came in really dehydrated and starved. I will name her Adalaide. Anyway, I just wanted one that I picked myself too. One that I could raise from the get go.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
Tere Salazar
Oh, believe me, I understand! And you know, there is just nothing like having a baby. They are so different than adults. They are enthusiastic about EVERYTHING, and it's quite refreshing!

Just wait until he gets big enough, but still a little boy, and he sees your Matilda. There's just nothing funnier than a little boy turning black and bobbing! All those hormones and nothing to do with them!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Oh, believe me, I understand! And you know, there is just nothing like having a baby. They are so different than adults. They are enthusiastic about EVERYTHING, and it's quite refreshing!

Just wait until he gets big enough, but still a little boy, and he sees your Matilda. There's just nothing funnier than a little boy turning black and bobbing! All those hormones and nothing to do with them!
Ya know, the poor breeders jaw hit the floor when we were talking about him. Asked if I was excited about babies in the future. I told her there will be no babies because Matilda is a rescue animal and I would never do that. She was shocked at me.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
Tere Salazar
I can tell you from experience that they will make you just as happy, whether they breed or not! There's nothing wrong with having beautiful pets!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
I can tell you from experience that they will make you just as happy, whether they breed or not! There's nothing wrong with having beautiful pets!
Thanks Tere. My rescue mentality wins over every time. I just see so much of the result of overproduction of the dogs in this country every day and I just cannot bring myself to bring more of anything into this world. Not that I necessarily think there is anything wrong with the breeders who do things right, but its just not for me.

My rescue mentality made me into a huge sucker last weekend too. I walked by a table of Geckos, Leo's of all shapes and sizes and colors. I never knew they had such variety.
Well there were three deli cups on the corner of the table with sickly, small gecko babies in them. Each had either a kinked or broken tail. One was very dehydrated. They wanted $4 each for them and I made myself keep on walking when I saw them. Of course, within an hour I went back again and purchased all three of them. I am such a sucker.
My friend Jen, who also happens to be a reptile veterinarian, was my roommate on this trip so she gave them an exam that evening in the hotel room and we soaked them all for a while. So far all are doing well too, but one of the, the smallest, would not surprise me if he does not make it. I will not give up but he just does not look very good.

Anyway, that was my sucker purchase for the weekend. LOL I knew I couldnt go out of town without coming home with something sad and sorry looking.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!