Feed Cards for whoever wants them. Printable - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Feed Cards for whoever wants them. Printable

Well, Rick ( Tattoo Lost ) wanted feed cards. He pointed out one in particular in a photo, and so i took that idea, and added some more boxes for him. since he wanted a few more added on in one of the sections.

I figured id share, for anyone who might want feed cards, and is looking for them, but cant find them. ( and hates writing them out)

Feel free to take this. and print up as many as you want! Rick said i should post it. So i am!

http://pics.livejournal.com/mooingtricycle/pic/00147g5c

Old 02-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Oh... some of the black lines didnt want to cooperate in photoshop. So. some are kinda lame and darker than others. I tried to fix it. but it didnt want to work. Ill try to clean it up tomorrow if noone likes them to be... off.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
Miss Tuniwha
Anyone else got ideas that work for them?

This was a subject brought up in chat the other day.. Those of us that don't want to keep records on the computer.

So anyone else got Feeding Charts that they like to use?

Old 02-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
Miss Tuniwha
oh, Here is the one I made. The top left corner is blank, to put a photo of the snake in. (about a 2x2 usually fits) I figured I would leave it blank in case someone wanted to use it.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I'm not that organized. I use 4X6 cards~ use one for a pic of the snake and any info on it~ use another for marking feed/sheds. I can usually get a couple years of feed/sheds on each little card.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Miss Tuniwha
geez woman, you write in 1. font? LOL

I have been using a notebook, and post it notes.. but its just such a mess, I wanted something neater..

as did a couple others, so we all been playing with some ideas

Old 02-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
LOL~ No~ I don't write tiny......I'm lazy and don't want to write dates over and over! I have a little date stamp. On feeding day I set it to the current date. I have all these little cards hanging on the rack in front of the tub for the snake. I take down the card and drop in a rat. If the card is down I know there is a rat in that tub. Then I go back~ open the tub~ pull the rat if it's still in there~ clean the water dish~ scoop any poop and pull out any sheds. If the snake ate the rat I stamp the card with the date. If the snake did not eat there is no notation. If the snake was offered something other than a live small rat I make a note behind the date~ something like F/T or ASF or Mouse (for babies). But if there is JUST a date that means the snake ate a live small rat. If there was a shed in the tub I write that down too. Here is an example of a card I started recently~
It's for female 27 ~there is a sticker on her tub that says who she is, and there is a card in my file box with her name, her pic and all her pertinent info on it~ when this card gets full......and I usually use two or three columns front and back on a card......when it finally gets full I file it behind her ID card in my little box.

This card tells me I started the card on Aug 8, 2008. I weighed her that month and put a wieght down. She shed Aug 11th. Ate a few more times and then went off feed for a couple months. Looks like she is back to feeding now~ but I didn't see any breeding from her (I would have marked it on the card) or an ovulation (would have marked it) so I'm hoping it was just a short winter fast and not a breeding fast she was on.

See~ easy for a lazy person
Attached Images
File Type: jpg card.jpg (32.0 KB, 152 views)

Old 02-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
Mooing Tricycle

Thats how the card i made looks when i fill it out. I might add in the extra lines at the top for myself. Well see if i actually use them.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #9
Heart and Soul Reptiles
For those of you who might be interested in keeping an online record as well (incase something ever happened where the cards were lost, or what have you) I was suggested not long ago this wonderfull website!

check it out! It's a pretty cool website
You can keep just about everything you can think of on an animal!
And best of all.. It's absolutaly FREE, what else could you ask for? If there is something.. their always updating!

Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
Heart and Soul Reptiles
sorry, for some reason, the link didnt show..
So here it is again!

http://www.iherp.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!