attn: admins - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
Tom Eles
attn: admins

Hi,
I was wondering how to contact admins on these forums. I have a negative feedback, from years ago, on the faunaclassified board of inquiry, which was resolved, and was stated, after 18 pages of posts, in that thread. This negative (bad guy) post, which was a misunderstanding, and, again, was resolved, may now be affecting other aspects of my life/work as it is my first google hit, when googling my name. Needless to say, few people will read 18 pages of posts, to conclude at the resolution. I need this thread removed, as it's defamating my character, undeservingly. I'm hoping this is the correct first step, in figuring out how that is done.
Thanks
Tom

Old 04-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
hhmoore
I understand your concerns, Tom, but BOI posts and threads are here for the duration.
Here are a few excerpts from the Rules for Posting on the BOI:
Quote:
YOU have to take responsibility and ownership of the words you post here. So take great care in how you craft your statements. Once you submit your message, it will be here PERMANENTLY, no matter what happens afterwards.
Quote:
I expect I will get a number of requests from people asking me to delete some message that someone else has posted about them that is rather unflattering. Bear in mind that I cannot, and WILL not be a judge in these matters. Your word will carry no more weight than the other person's word, whether I know you personally or not. All of these types of requests will be refused,

Old 04-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
Jerry_c_62
Tom, is it an option to contact the OP and have them post a new thread? I notice they have not been on the forum for a while but if you have an e-mail address for them may be that may work.

Maybe your computer formats this site diffrent than mine, but I only have 7 pages in that post. I HAVE gone through posts that were much longer than that (even more than 18) to get to the bottom line and resolution on issues for people I have considered dealing with.

I hope you are able to get something posted that will encourage people to not worry about dealing with you in the future. However, removing/editing posts by the mods really would make me question the value of the BOI because it would cause me to wonder if the mods have a vested intrest in one breeder or another succeeding.

Best of luck.

Jerry Cross

Old 04-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
Tom Eles
Yeah it's not really a question of the hobby of herpetoculture that's my concern. Not to take away from it, and you make a great point Jerry, but its more the fact that potential employers, or anyone for that matter (but in this case it's a lost employment opportunity that spurred my attempt to remove this blemish), who googles my name, comes up immediately with 'bad guy' right next to my name. I haven't spoken, or corresponded with the OP since he called me years ago, thanking me for fixing the initial misunderstanding.

Thanks for the responses Hmoore, and Jerry.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
Jerry_c_62
No problem Tom. I wish you the best in regard to this matter.

Jerry Cross

Old 04-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
hhmoore
I'm not sure why you are so intent on calling it a misunderstanding - you sent him a male, denied it, blamed it on other people, and finally gave the guy the difference in value. Missexing a snake isn't a huge deal; but it was a legitimate complaint, even if it was ultimately resolved.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!