PVC/rack question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
ted1025
PVC/rack question

I wanna build a new rack. I have a jasons jungle rack 5 slot rack and would like to model it after that so I can just put it on top of that. The site lists using PVCX as the material which I'm gonna assume is expanded PVC correct?

where can I get this? home depot and lowes around me dont have it.

Also is there an alternative wood or plastic I could use to make my rack?
i read a lot of bad things about melamine wood because it warps and stuff

any help is appreciated, thanks!

Old 07-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
canepole54
Ted,
I have tried to build racks in the past, and its a real pain. I know it might be a cost savings, but I bit the bullet and kept buying from Jason. He is good at what he does and I am pretty sure you have to buy a high quantity of the material to even get a decent price. Just my thoughts!

Good Luck!

Old 07-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
Uroboros
You can do a search for "Expanded PVC sheet" it's out there somewhere.

Really expensive, but it's out there.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
ted1025
ehhh wasnt that bad, 100 bucks for a 1/2 inch 4'x8' sheet and they made the cuts i needed too. only thing was that there wasnt enough for the back piece. I want my rack to be enclosed so just picked up a sheet of hardboard (peg board without the holes) for like 4 bucks at lowes and used that as my back piece

Old 07-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
ddodge
Pics? How'd it come out?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!