Trade lvl 69 warlock for crested gecko or bearded dragon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Geckos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
thelizardman
lvl 69 warlock for crested gecko or bearded dragon

for further information email me at patrickman6@gmail.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
thelizardman
the account is a world of warcraft account i forgot to mention that lol
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
GeckoMorphX
Ive never seen a trade such like this one before.. lol

Old 07-10-2009, 12:54 AM   #4
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoMorphX View Post
Ive never seen a trade such like this one before.. lol
Probably because it's a violation of Blizzard's Terms of Use and End User License Agreement.

Put simply, no user of their product owns the characters associated with their account. All that digital data belongs to Blizzard and they have legal control over who can access it.

Selling accounts, selling characters, selling digital currency- all of these are against Blizzard's policies and any account which is found to be in violation will simply be banned. Meaning that, in this instance, anyone who is foolish enough to send their animals in exchange for someone else's World of Warcraft account information will rather quickly find their access to that account restricted.

Blizzard and their parent company Vivendi successfully sued Ebay over this issue, to prevent Ebay from allowing ads which proposed to sell account information or access to any of Blizzard's digital property.

What this poster is proposing is, first and foremost, not going to work.

Secondly it may actually be illegal- a lot of the definitions for ownership are being rewritten and revised and reapplied to digital "stuff" on a regular basis, but Blizzard has so far been successful in every lawsuit they have become involved in that related to account selling, currency selling and the sale of the information contained on their servers.

Edit: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html is a link to the relevant information. Of specific note are sections four, seven and eleven-

Quote:
Ownership.
All rights and title in and to the Service (including without limitation any user accounts, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, any related documentation, "applets" incorporated into the Game Client, transcripts of the chat rooms, character profile information, recordings of games played using the Game Client, and the Game Client and server software) are owned by Blizzard or its licensors. The Game and the Service are protected by United States and international laws, and may contain certain licensed materials in which Blizzard's licensors may enforce their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement.
Quote:
No Ownership Rights in Account.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD.
Quote:
Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items.
Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of WoW Accounts or Blizzard Accounts (each an "Account"). You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with the Account or stored on the Service. Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for "real" money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
thelizardman
First of all it can only get banned if someone reports it. Blizzard wont go out there way to just ban a level 69 and i did not included my characters name so good luck finding it out if you wanna report me. also "Seamus Haley" why did you have to post something like that i know you would not like me to do that to you.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
h3llc4t
It's ultimately your call if you don't want to heed the warnings, but Bliz is cracking down on character and gold sales. Also, it wouldn't be difficult for someone to sell their account, claim the account was hacked by the new "owner", and cause some major nastiness. Not trying to rain on your parade, Patrick, but you might want to rethink this offer.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
Fangthane
I don't think Seamus would be foolish enough to publically offer up for trade rights to intellectual property that, as per Blizzard's EULA, don't even belong to him. You'll probably find that here in Fauna-land people won't be too quick to do business with someone offering shady deals with questionable legality. You'd be doing yourself a favor by deleting this ad.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardman View Post
First of all it can only get banned if someone reports it. Blizzard wont go out there way to just ban a level 69 and i did not included my characters name so good luck finding it out if you wanna report me.
They actually run a number of data collection programs that compile quite a lot of information which they then use to identify account issues. They record the IP of incoming connections, they keep track of the serial numbers associated with installations relative to logins and they do watch for those instances of virtual currency or items being moved around.

Most accounts which are given to someone who is not the owner are caught on Blizzard's end.

Additionally, your name and email address are here on this site. If I were inclined to report you to Blizzard, they have everything they need to track you down.

Quote:
also "Seamus Haley" why did you have to post something like that i know you would not like me to do that to you.
As Dan mentioned, you'd never have an opportunity to do it to me because I'd never sell something I didn't have the rights to sell.

I posted it for the benefit of anyone who happened to read the thread and was considering the offer.

They should be aware that the account has a high likelihood of being banned and rendered useless to them.

They should be aware that you do not have any legal rights to offer this as a trade or for sale, if anyone went through with it, you would be guilty of selling stolen property and they would be guilty of receiving it.

I posted it because I respect the rights of companies to retain their intellectual property rights and because I don't like little punks who feel otherwise.

Quote:
Also, it wouldn't be difficult for someone to sell their account, claim the account was hacked by the new "owner", and cause some major nastiness.
That's very true. All it takes is a phone call from the original account holder and the passwords and email are reset- nobody is ever more than a business hour 1-800 number away from having an account they bought or traded for taken away from them on the whim of the registered account holder. Since Patrick was so willing to steal by selling something that isn't actually his to sell, his integrity is in the toilet. He couldn't be trusted *not* to reset the account information, even if the transfer slipped through the cracks in Blizzard's flagging system.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #9
spyder79
and furthermore it is my opinion if you do not have the money to purchase a animal and instead wish to trade something (that is apparently not even yours to offer) you should not get it because you obviously wont be able to provide for its care. Trust me 90% of the time purchasing the animal is nowere near the most expensive part of owning a dragon.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
cfarber
WOW seamus, you owned this thread

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread