What can I pair an anery with? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
HayleySnakes
What can I pair an anery with?

I have an anery corn that I'd like to breed this year, but I don't know what morph to mate him with. I want some interesting colors! A snow maybe? This will be my (and his) first clutch.

Also, do you have to brumate your snakes? I don't really want to, but I've read conflicting things. Thanks for the advice!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Brumation of Cornsnakes is not necessary. Many breeders do not brumate.

As for the Anery, unless he his heterozygous for something (which wouldn't be unusual), you will get all Normals if bred to a non-Anerythristic mutation. The most commonly found mutations now a days are Amel, Anery, Caramel and Motley...So it would not be unfounded that he be carrying one of these.

Check this website out for morphs and combination's.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
HayleySnakes
So if I bred him to an amel I might get snows? Sweet! Is there a possibiliy of getting anything else? Just if my anery and my amel are het for something?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleySnakes View Post
So if I bred him to an amel I might get snows?
No. Not unless the Amel is het Anery and the Anery het Amel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleySnakes View Post
Just if my anery and my amel are het for something?
If they are both heterozygous for the same mutation.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
premiumtortoises.com
You will get all normals unless you breed to another anery. If you breed to an amel you will get normals that can produce normal, anery, amel, and snow. Double hets are very fun because they produce at least four different kinds! ; )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!