Venom In Vegas?????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
Pythonbreeder99
Venom In Vegas??????

I'm sure you've all heard about the show Venom in Vegas, but if you havnt, it's a documentary of Donald Schultz while he's in a room full of hots as well as some boids and colubrids. If you would like to see this in action go to animalplanet.com and scroll down to the Venom in Vegas link. My question to all of you is: Do you think that this will help or hurt our industry? And will this convince the media and gonevnment that snakes arn't the cold blodded killers that their portrayed to be? Let me know what you think

Old 01-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
pythonjim
Unfortunately, I think this will hurt the industry. Why would someone show such poor handling practices with hots? money? Also , there was a clip of this guy talking about a green mamba and the animal shown was an arboreal python. Is this how we want to be represented? By some David Blaine of snakes type? THUMBS DOWN!

Old 01-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
Pythonbreeder99
I did knotice the poor handling practices I mean he picked up a gaboon with just his hands!!! Seriously? No tongs or hooks or anything not even gloves!!!! Gotta be bad business!

Old 01-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
pythonjim
Maybe the guy should consider a show with tigers. LOL

Old 02-05-2010, 02:33 AM   #5
Willow
lame stunt!!....I'm sure all those different snakes where so thrilled to be stuck in a room together with that guy...gah....no concern for their well being huh? wondering how many decided to start fights with each other during those 10 days

bah!

Old 02-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
pgwdragons
I agree. I believe its more hurt than anything. It didnt help that any time he saw the Green Anaconda or the A. Rock Python.. that he would say "these guys have been known to eat people"... BS.. he said it like... 2 or 3 times during the show.
Plus him constantly saying he couldnt sleep or trust what was in there, didnt help either... I mean, yes, of course you cant sleep, you have a ton of hots and other crazy snakes in there that arent happy, and stressed out, a piling on top of each other... but seriously, he chose to be there.. so quit the fussing lmfao.
Anyhow. yeah... I think its not a great thing.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
TailsWithScales
I didn't watch it purely because I knew it would be really bad for the industry and probably just anger the bahjesus out of me. Even in the commercials it showed bad representation of proper handling and such.
Our hobby is doomed for sure with stuff like this.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
Pythonbreeder99
i agree i do wonder how often the other snakes got bit. and the patternless western dimondback seemed a little too pissed all the time, it made me wonder if he was taunting it constantly for good footage? also i think him being highly allergic to the venoms didnt help because it made them look like they were "super" deadly. also he tried to pick up that baby puff adder by the tail with no hook. if he were to get tagged it would be devestating to the business. i sure hope the white house doesnt see this and make hots illegal everywhere!

Old 02-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #9
AtrociousOne
yeah, it was an ignorant publicity stunt. i honestly enjoy his show, Wild Recon, but only because on the show he tells of the reality of handling hots carelessly, but then he turned around and went against everything he seemed to stand for on the show. ignorance, pure ignorance.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #10
TailsWithScales
Another bubble burster is that most of the animals on 'Wild' Recon aren't wild. They're planted. Even in the show (I haven't watched a full episode or even more then a one show) itself is one huge drama act. As soon as I saw the way he tackled some of the animals and the drama involved with it that's when I told myself that he was just a paid joker faking drama.
The Venom in Vegas show is no different. And yes all the snakes are 'teased' as it creates the most drama. And even if they're not wouldn't you be hissed off constantly in a room with a bunch of other snakes and that guy???

Not good for the hobby at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!