Not Shedding? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Heart4Dragonz
Not Shedding?

Hey, I have a beardie about 7months old now, who has seemingly STOPPED shedding, no part of her body looks to be in a shed phase and it's been about 3weeks now. She still eats, and her cagemate is still moving right along! But my little girl's just not gowing anymore , I've considered her cagemate possibly having something to do with it, being that she's considerably more plump, but they both eat, and I've been watching my girl who won't shed eat, and she'll eat and eat and then stop, like she's had enough, but it's not like she's not eating or only eating small amounts.
They get crickets twice daily & greens to hold them over throughout the day, 10.0ubv light, and basking area around 105F. I also have an older male in another cage, who's about 2months older than my ladies, but is also moving right along, so my little girl is making me nervous...
The breeder I know, but did not purchase her from is stumped, so I was wondering if anyone else might have an idea?
She's the one in my avatar, I'll post a picture of her on here later today, when i have access to them!

Thanks for your help

Old 02-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Ed Clark
If the dragon is eating and not growing do a fecal.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Heart4Dragonz
She's parasite free, she's still not growing, but IS eating as usual. I just got in Reptaid last night, and started it, so I guess we'll see what happens since everyone seems to be floored.. I'll get up a fresh picture of her today.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
pgwdragons
Honestly... some are just slow growers or late bloomers. If shes eating.. and maintaining a healthy weight, and you say shes parasite free, then I wouldnt freak out about it. Not every single one is going to just blow up in size.. there are small dragons and large ones... for example.. I got two italian leatherbacks at the same time.. both weighed 30 grams or so when I got them... they live seperately... 5 months later.. the male is getting huge.. right around 300 grams...and the little girl is barely creeping up around the 100s.. theres no particular reason for it.. she just eats and eats.. just doesnt seem to get any larger... the male... just blows up... so.. keep that in mind, you'll always eventually run into that with some dragons.. just like there are some tiny people.. and some very large ones.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
Heart4Dragonz
Yea, i had a fecal tested, and nothing came up. It's just weird how she totally stopped shedding, her cagemate is the same age as her, maybe a week or 2 younger even, but she's looking huge compaired to the one that won't shed (Their names are Drae(anti-shedder) and Scarlett). I've had Drae since she was 4weeks old, and she's going on 8months soon, and she's never just Not shed for this long. She's at about 95grams right now, Scarlett is at 120, I need to get a scale to monitor them better though. Drae doesn't look thin or anything, still flattens out nice and round, no lumps. *shrugs* Hopefully she'll get going again, not that I mind her staying my baby forevvver :-p
Thanks for your input though!

Old 02-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
Bearded Ambitions
yeah, i have a female that i got same time as another and she was a really late starter. the other female outgrew her by 3 fold.Now she is just getting to the same size and looking almost same but she is like 3-4 months on growth behind.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #7
Heart4Dragonz
Drae, Fresh tonight.

Scarlett, also tonight.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #8
dragonluver83
did you say she has a cage mate???

Old 02-13-2010, 02:16 AM   #9
Heart4Dragonz
Scarlett and Drae are roomies in the same cage, yes...not like Mates...Drae's pics are on top and Scars are the bottom 2.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:39 AM   #10
chris allen
95 grams for 8 months is pretty tiny, she should probably be in the 250-350 gram range. How long is she? Maybe they need to be seperated and another fecal done, unless the other was done very recently. You could up the temp a little bit for their basking area as well. I started using dubias recenty and let me tell you that the dragons love them. Maybe you could try them, as its just something about them, that not one dragon I have can pass them up. Just an idea. Also, are you supplementing? If so, with what and how often?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!