UPS/Fedex Shipping Routes?! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
scaledverts
UPS/Fedex Shipping Routes?!

Hey -

So, I just shipped out a package from Tampa, FL to arrive in Nevada for one of my customers. I checked the temps here, there and in Louisville, KY (as I know some UPS flights from Tampa go through there). Seeing that the temps were above 40 at all points in transit (so I thought) I shipped with two heat packs just in case. Well while tracking the package, I noticed that the package went to DENVER, CO where it was MUCH colder than I would have shipped otherwise (upper 20s - low 30s). Had I know the route before hand, I would not have shipped. As it turns out, the snake arrived alive and warm to its location. However, the stress was killing me!

Does anyone know of a location to find the routes typically taken by the shipping companies? I know there are flight trackers but I have not been able to find actual flight route maps.

Thanks,

Kyle

Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Southern Wolf
Would be interesting to find out.

I know that Memphis,TN is a major hub for FedEx
and Louisville, KY is a major hub for UPS

Other than that.... I dont have a clue.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:10 AM   #3
StrictlyExotics
Kyle, as Kevin stated, those two are their major hubs. They probably rerouted your package through Denver because of problems in Ky, or Tn. All my packages, regardless of where they have generated from, ended up at those two locations. I noticed that, when I signed into FedEx recently, they had some delays so that could be the reason for reroutes.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #4
DanGill
That's just it though, it was routed through Louisville as I expected. So there was no delay or reroute away from the first stop. What gets me is the Denver stop (I assume they have a regional hub there too). Whatever the reason, it would be nice to have some idea of the temperatures that the box is going to travel through beforehand (weather and airport delays are a separate issue here). I mean if we have to wait until the entire country gets above 40 just in case the package takes a round about route that would kind of suck!

Old 03-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
scaledverts
Oops, that last post was made by me. My roommate was still signed on to the computer and I didn't notice. Sorry!

Old 03-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
scaledverts
Ok, so after some looking online I found this site for UPS:

http://www.airlineroutemaps.com/USA/..._america.shtml

It at least gives you an idea of the major hubs that you package will go through if you did not have an idea already.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!