Heads up on Fed Ex - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
SPJ
Heads up on Fed Ex

I had a package picked up today and the driver (who knows what is in it) told me to swap boxes from the white perishable one to a brown one. Evidently they are now opening the white boxes and checking for what is inside and it coud hold up your shipment by a day even if you are an approved shipper.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
garweft
Can anyone else confirm this? Anyone had a package held or delivered opened.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
joseydiann
Why just white boxes, that makes no sense?

Amanda

Old 05-04-2010, 03:12 AM   #4
sinisterserpents1
I just received one in a white box and am getting ready to ship one in a white box. No problems receiving, guess I'll find out if there will be shipping.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:39 AM   #5
Shadera
Received a white box on Thursday via FedEx, no issues. Hopefully this is just a rumor or a small percentage of FedEx doing this.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:37 AM   #6
DAND
I'll be at my local hub later this morning and I will see if they know anything about this.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
I'll be at my local hub later this morning and I will see if they know anything about this.
See what you can find out about this. The package I shipped yesterday was delivered today without incident so I'd really like to know if this is true or just something the driver was being overly cautious about since he knows I ship live snakes.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #8
garweft
Steve, I'm guessing you still used the white box yesterday, right?

I have some dart frogs to ship out today and need to do Fedex since the buyer already had another group coming in through Fedex being held for pickup, and this made it way easier on her. It would really suck to pay double the shipping charge I could get through SYR just to have some BS hold up the delivery and put the frogs at risk.

I really wouldn't care if it was just cornsnakes or BP's or something else that can take an extra day in shipping a little easier.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Steve, I'm guessing you still used the white box yesterday, right?
Repacked into a brown box.

BTW, they sell plain brown boxes with insulation on Ebay if anyone is interested.
A bit more pricey than the white ones. Comes out to about $7.50 per box for 10x8x6 with 1 inch insulation.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #10
AbsoluteApril
interesting, I'd like to hear more.

I work for a packaging company and we sell the white perishable shipping boxes with foam to quite a few of our customers (mainly food companies), I'll keep an ear out if they start saying something about this... they ship out hundreds a week.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!