Interbreeding question. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
evilcowboy420
Interbreeding question.

I have seen a lot of different Interbred species available. However there was one in particular that I was curious if it can be done or if anyone has attempted it. That would be a Honduran Milk to a Eastern Milk. I know the honduran is a bit larger than a eastern so I figured the female would have to be the honduran. I just simply can't find any photos or anything like that so I was assuming it hasn't been done yet.

I was entertaining the idea of giving it a try with an Anery honduran and a Eastern. Both are captive and was kind of interested to see how they would turn out.

another question is I have seen several milks kill another snake. How do you breed them without one killing hte other. and if they get into a "fight" how do you break it up without hurting anyone of them. I have never had to break up any snakes before as all mine are kept separate until I decide to breed them.

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
JETZEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcowboy420 View Post
I have seen a lot of different Interbred species available. However there was one in particular that I was curious if it can be done or if anyone has attempted it. That would be a Honduran Milk to a Eastern Milk. I know the honduran is a bit larger than a eastern so I figured the female would have to be the honduran. I just simply can't find any photos or anything like that so I was assuming it hasn't been done yet.

I was entertaining the idea of giving it a try with an Anery honduran and a Eastern. Both are captive and was kind of interested to see how they would turn out.

another question is I have seen several milks kill another snake. How do you breed them without one killing hte other. and if they get into a "fight" how do you break it up without hurting anyone of them. I have never had to break up any snakes before as all mine are kept separate until I decide to breed them.

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.
i've never seen that cross. but there are monster easternmilks that come from a island off the eastcoast.
i always supervise my pairings because i've had many squabbles.
for breaking up squabbles some like to use a dab of alchohol on the nose. i prefer a sink of cold water.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
evilcowboy420
Thanks for the reply. I will definitely keep the cold water in mind. I will closely be monitoring the pairing if and when I do it. I think it could be quite an interesting cross.

On another note I did order a aberrant patter king and a chocolate king today and will be getting those in the mail tomorrow. Not sure what that will throw out but could be quite interesting. So heres to a 3 year wait yay lol.

However I think the milks should be up to weight this year and can't wait to give it a go but I'm not gonna be too disappointed if I don't get anything or they show no interest.

Now time to find a nice ball python to go with my girl she is huge now nad never been bred so I will be looking soon for a boy for her. Maybe I can find me a nice pastel boy or mojave boy. Either way she needs some lovin soon lol.

Again thanks for the advice.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
JETZEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcowboy420 View Post

On another note I did order a aberrant patter king and a chocolate king today and will be getting those in the mail tomorrow. Not sure what that will throw out but could be quite interesting. So heres to a 3 year wait yay lol.

cool, please post pics of your kings when you can.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
evilcowboy420
::

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETZEN View Post
cool, please post pics of your kings when you can.
For sure. Now that I have figured out my cameras functions I think I can get some real nice hi-res pics up. so will be doing that as soon as I get them. I will probably be making rounds to all my snakes soon with the camera. Hopefully I don't have any camera shy ones lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!