Rescue Albino Burmese - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
AtrociousOne
Rescue Albino Burmese

So, I got a call from a local police officer, about an R.O.C. She had already contacted F.W.C. and they couldn't pick up the burm, so they told her to call me to come get it. I'm a registered nuisance trapper here in Santa Rosa County, even thought I don't have my R.O.C. I've worked with them before. I went to get it, and she was stuck in a closet with 2 sheds, and algae growing in her water bowl. She struck at me once when I first opened the closet, but as soon as I got her out she's been nothing but a sweet heart. I just wanted to post a few pictures and inform people of the situation that a lot of people are leaving these larger species in. Hence, the strict laws here in Florida. I used to be pretty opposed to most of the laws here but they really are to protect the animal from ignorant owners. If you can't take care of a 10FT Burm, don't get one. That simple. Oh, BTW, she eats f/t like nobodies business. I've named her "Yellow Submarine", also, I'm applying for ownership and helping to pursue criminal charges against the owner. Just thought I would share this wonderful animal with you all. ENJOY!

My buddy Kyle holding her

Here she is enjoying life, finally.

Again

Got a small meal in her

Old 08-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
navigator1998
Nice burm!! I have 2 very nice albino's One is 6 foot the other is 7

Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
TheFragginDragon
Kudo's on the rescue Dan, glad you were able to help her (nice looking girl too!)

Old 08-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
AtrociousOne
thanks guys! she's really sweet, i can't believe someone would just leave her

Old 08-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Sherry Howell
I'm glad she's now with someone who will love her and take care of her. She's very lucky. People just make me sick.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
AtrociousOne
yeah, some people are just sickening individuals, and it's not 100% she's staying with me at this point, it's still a bit up in the air. but i'm doing everything possible to keep her. she's a complete sweet heart, i don't know how anyone could allow such a magnificent animal to be put through this. that's why i prefer herps over most people.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
Sherry Howell
I hope you do get to keep her. She deserves to be with someone who will care for her. The more I'm around people, the more I love my herps.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
Melinda
She's beautiful!!! Thank you so much for rescueing her.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
AtrociousOne
no thanks needed, someone had to do it, i just wanted to share the story and pictures of this awesome animal. we all do what we can. =]

Old 08-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #10
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrociousOne View Post
I used to be pretty opposed to most of the laws here but they really are to protect the animal from ignorant owners. If you can't take care of a 10FT Burm, don't get one. That simple.

So glad she's now "Out of the Closet". She looks very pleased to have met you. Good luck with her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!