very rare : varanus doreanus finschi monitor - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
mike cosidente
very rare : varanus doreanus finschi monitor

Hello ,
I am selling a very rare sub-species of the blue tail monitor (varanus doreanus) .
He or she was imported from indo as a farm raised blue tail monitor . He or she is visually different from its cousin and is truly breath taking . He or she is super friendly and eats f/t or live rat pups right out of my hands .
A must for any serious collector . I am selling this gem for $850.00 shipped .
Possible trades for : visual coral albino boas , isabella ground boas , lrg female blood pythons / brazillian rainbow boas , paradox boas .
Thanks , mike
NOTE : I will be at hamburg next weekend and can bring if paid in full .
Pics available to serious parties
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
TailsWithScales
Please post photos in this thread of the animal for sale. I saw the TINY photos on your Kingsnake ad (which has been removed) and what you're selling does not appear a true V. finschi. Which none have been imported at all just doreanus look alikes.

True finschi have ZERO blue, tails are black solid back and white with no color variant, a pink tongue (doreanus has a whitish tongue), a spotted throat (vs marbled or solid white that doreanus has).

I would love to see the photos at full size.

Buyer be cautious just in case.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
Johnantny
Christine,

The seller on KS is a different person. Still want to see this "finschi".

John

Old 10-12-2010, 01:38 AM   #4
mike cosidente
Hi to all ,
I understand all the doubt about this monitor i have posted , i will post pics by wed . To christine , your post isnt entirely correct , such as varanus finschi is a sub species of the bluetail monitor and does have a bluetail , not solid in color, just like the tri color monitors and such has . My monitor has a bright pink tongue a with black ocelli circles with a yellowish center as well as a dark grayish back ground .
Please go to wikipedia.org /finschs _monitor for description and then go to reptilx.com for an image . I have seen a handful at wholesalers and on kingsnake but i personally never saw this particular species before in the pet trade though i know europe has a few that i saw on youtube .
Thanks , mike
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-12-2010, 01:54 AM   #5
mike cosidente
Hello to all ,
Until i post my pics , if you go to www.warane.ch - varanus doreanus finschis , the monitor in this picture can be clearly seen unfortunately its in german so i cant read their description . The monitor i am selling is identical to this one .
mike
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-12-2010, 03:48 AM   #6
TailsWithScales
True Varanus finschi IS NOT a sub species. It's its own species described in 1994 by Horn & Ziegler. So if you're selling a doreanus sub-species you're not selling a finschi.
I've owned the doeanus subspecies labeled finschi. I still have the photos and they looked nothing like a true finschi just an odd doreanus.

Here is that website translated and ALL those photos are of only doreanus not finschi. So if you have one that looks like the listed photos or a slight variant you have just a doreanus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doreanus.jpg (195.4 KB, 432 views)

Old 10-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #7
mike cosidente
Hello to all ,
If thats what i have than i apologize to everyone here on fauna . I could not locate sufficient info or data and i researched 40 different species of monitors and the finschi seemed to fit the description the closest . I will still post pics by wednesday and you guys will at least see a cool looking doreanus non the less . Thank you christine for helping me finally identify this guy correctly .
Once again i apologize for my mis post , i will adjust my price accordingly also . Christine , can you please send me a true picture of a finschi monitor so i can see one ?
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #8
Johnantny
The following photos are NOT finschi, but an Indicus complex form that resembles finschi closely. These were imported about 10 years ago, a few still exist in captivity. Externally, it compares to the description very closely.
Dont want to be goanna police, but if it truly was finschi it would be a big deal to us varanophiles. These 2 females pictured were two that I've owned. Once is still alive and doing well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23187483@N08/2294277986/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23187483@N08/3609641316/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23187483@N08/3609640544/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread