Can You Really Be Allergic to Your Own Semen? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
SamanthaJane13
Exclamation Can You Really Be Allergic to Your Own Semen?

By MEREDITH MELNICK Meredith Melnick – Thu Jan 20, 1:50 pm ET

The bad news? If you exhibit flu-like symptoms immediately after ejaculation, it's possible you may be allergic to your own semen, according to a recent article by Reuters. The good news? Doctors may be able to lessen your symptoms, though treatment could take three years.

According to the report by Reuters correspondent Kate Kelland, post orgasmic illness syndrome (POIS) has been documented in scientific papers since 2002, but remains unknown by many family doctors. Men with POIS develop fever, runny nose, eye irritation and severe fatigue immediately following ejaculation, with symptoms lasting up to a week.

"They didn't feel ill when they masturbated without ejaculating, but as soon as the semen came from the testes...after that they became ill, sometimes within just a few minutes," Marcel Waldinger, a professor of sexual psychopharmacology at Utrecht University in the Netherlands, who recently published two studies on the condition in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, told Reuters.

In one study, 33 Dutch men who were diagnosed with POIS were given a skin-prick test with a diluted form of their own semen - a standard allergy test. Of those, 29 had a positive response, suggesting allergy.

The second study, conducted on just two patients, was an opportunity for Waldinger to try a standard allergy treatment called hyposensitization therapy. Over the course of a few years, the patients were injected with solutions that contained increasingly higher concentrations of their own semen. At follow-up exams one and three years later, both patients reported reduced POIS symptoms.

Waldinger and his team are now trying hyposensitization therapy on other POIS patients, Reuters reports.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2011012...55b3VyZWFsbHk-

Old 01-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
ed hummel
i test myself daily to make sure im not allergic

Old 01-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed hummel View Post
i test myself daily to make sure im not allergic
The skin prick method, no doubt

Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
brd7666
Wow, that would suck. I remember watching this show, and this girl was allergic to water. She couldn't bathe, get wet, or even drink water. She couldn't even cry because tears are water. How does that happen?

Old 01-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I guess he figured he better take matters into his own hands.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 AM   #6
charmer
This is hilarious (not the allergy of course), but because my husband -just- told me about this earlier today. He is EMT basic working toward paramedic and thought I'd enjoy a little fun fact. I get on here and had to laugh, what are the chances someone would post this here too on the same day? lmao!

Old 01-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #7
ed hummel
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!