SOLD!! Beautiful, flawless 2010 Female Rhino Iguana - $350 or Trade for Cuban Rock - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
soho601
Beautiful, flawless 2010 Female Rhino Iguana - $350 or Trade for Cuban Rock

I have a beautiful, healthy and flawless 2010 (1 year old) female Rhinocerous Iguana who I am looking to trade for a female Cuban Rock iguana.

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR:

I would like to trade my Rhino for a healthy and tame female Cuban Rock iguana. Would prefer the Cuban to be under 2 years of age, any older than that and I'll need to buy the cage from you too. Imperfections fine, missing tails/ spines fine, temprement is the most important thing. No MBD cases.

If you would like to buy my Rhino, I'll part with her for $350. If you want her custom-built cage too (shown in the videos and photos, complete with cage decor and built-in lights) you can have the whole setup + lights + the rhino for $500. I'm in no rush to sell this beautiful girl, so no lowballers. Local pick-up only (Orange County, California). Thanks!

ABOUT THE OFFERED RHINO IGUANA:

I paid $350 for this healthy, happy Rhino about 7 months ago. She is now just over 1 year old and approx 20 inches long (8 inches STV, the rest is tail).

DIET: I have 15 years experiance owning iguanas, and I have raised this 2010 Rhino baby on nothing but the best natural diet - collard greens, mustard greens, organically grown dandilions, clover, calcium-rich veg, occasional fruit treats, vitamin suppliment. She is obsessed with mango and dandilion flowers. She has had NO meat or animal protein. Good eater.

COLORATION: She is flawless with beautiful striping, cream chin/ belly, green-grey/ black banding with blue stripes and even a little irridescent purple on her neck and flanks. Black 'socks'. Blunt face with gold eyes.

NATURE: She is semi-tame and is turning out to be a sweetheart, 100% non-agressive. Eats enthusiastically from your hand, is incredibly gentle about taking food. Likes to watch everything that goes on in the room. Let's me pet and stroke her with no fear (watch the videos below!) Does the 'iguana power stance' when she's had enough!

TRAINING: Outside her cage, she loves to explore and sit in the sun. Needs supervision as she is very fast and likes to climb everything in sight! Trained to use an outside litter box, I 'poop' her once a day by placing her in an outside cat pan containing newspaper, then returning her to her cage. If you do this daily she rarely messes in her cage. Lets me trim her claws monthly with zero drama.

HANDLING: I have handled her every day for 15 mins for 7 months now. On Sundays she gets let out for several hours to explore a safe sealed room and play on my bed, which she loves. Does not like being picked up from above (no iggies are keen on this as babies), but will happily let me scoop her up under her belly and carry her around (watch the first video below to see how easy she is to pick up.) Prefers to sit on a shoulder or head for safety. A little nervous around new people and dosn't like people looming over her, but if you sit on the floor or bed with her she will climb all over you and 'explore' you!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO TRADE!

I live in California (area code Anaheim, 92807). If you'd like to see or buy this rhino I am available most weekends. **Sorry, local pickup only, my rhino girl is a sensitive and intelligent family pet and shipping her is a risk I'm not willing to take.**

Email me at tasharhodes (at) yahoo (dot) com for more details. Please send clear good-quality photos or videos of what you have to trade.

- Natasha

VIDEOS:

Watch me pick her up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH8oSOXFH7A

Hand-feeding dandilions - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ckKx-m7Mc

PHOTOS:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RHINO 22.jpg (72.6 KB, 668 views)
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
Cyprin_Blue
I understand completely about not wanting to put your animals through the stresses of shipping, it definitely shows that you care about the animal and not just the profit. That being said, she is absolutely gorgeous! If you ever change your mind of shipping I would be more than happy to have her.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
soho601
Thanks Brandon! I'll keep you in mind if anything changes. She is a beautiful animal and I would love her to go to a great home... but I have lost a lot of parcels in the last few months though from various shipping companoies, which makes me nervous! Thanks for understanding!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!