First U.S. Hatched Hypo Green Burmese - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
anaconda420
First U.S. Hatched Hypo Green Burmese

First U.S. Hatched Hypo Green Burmese

My Friend (Brad Mcarthy/World Wide Reptilia) hatched these out a few weeks ago. we were tring to wait till they shed but still havent yet and people want to see pics so here you go.

You will see 2 hypo green and a normal green for ref.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0010.jpg (134.9 KB, 277 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0006.jpg (137.3 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0008.jpg (145.5 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0009.jpg (136.5 KB, 276 views)

Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
anaconda420
sorry..i phone pics sux

Old 05-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
BenR
True Hypo Green

This is from day 56 of one of my hypo greens. Notice they have no spots on their sides(really strange for some that are should be het granite), and the dorsal striping is much more norrow than the dorsal spotting or striping greens usually have.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
anaconda420
Now that looks like what i expect. once out of the egg let me know if it has a red toung like his or black toung like my normals

Old 05-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
BenR
I can tell you right now mine will almost certainly have all pink tongues.

When talking to Brad on the phone he did mention the greens he suspected/suspects to be hypos have mostly pink tongues with black forks. From what I understand hypos in the Hypo/Platinum Burmese line have all pink tongues. Although I can't say I've paid attention to that much at all personally. As for normal greens, and other burms for that matter I'm not sure how unusual it is to have pink tongues, or at least partial pink tongues. That's something I've never really paid attention too.

All that aside, it looks pretty safe to me to rule out what Brad suspected to be hypo greens as being hypos at all. Not that they aren't nice looking Greens, but they do look like regular Greens that are out there, even if they do stand apart from the greens you are comparing them to. Perhaps there is something else going on with them, but I don't see how they could be hypo at all, when compared to the ones I have hatching out that we know are hypo greens. The hypo greens I have are very light in color like hypos are when they hatch, they have striping going down their backs that is much more narrow than regular greens. Then so far I have not seen a single dark spot on the sides of any of my Hypo Greens bodies, even though all the sibling greens have spots on their sides, and so do all of Brads suspected hypo greens. Plus my Hypo Greens were for sure fathered by a hypo known to be het for albino green, which can be varified by the outcome of the clutch, as both hypo and green siblings are present.

If that is not enough, the circumstances that Brad's suspected green hypos were produced under make it highly unlikely that they could be true hypos.

1. Brad had 4 eggs make it full term. All 4 were green. 2 snakes carrying the green trait would be the most likely outcome if his hypo male was het for green, and the father. Since all were green babies, a green male likely fathered that clutch some how, not the hypo male he has. At least that is much much more likely.

2. All other females Brad put his hypo male in with slugged out. It would have been more likely the green female that produced the 4 viable eggs would have fully slugged out as well if Brad's hypo male was the father.

3. Brad's Hypo male was purchased as only being het for albino, NOT green. After talking to my friend who supplied Michael Cole with all the hypos he sold in 09, he doesn't believe Brad's snake could be het for green. Although there are snakes out there het for green that people don't even know about, this too makes it highly unlikely Brad's greens could be hypo at all.

4. Brad said the color his nicer greens have now is what they had in the egg as well. From the hypo greens I have, and from other hypos I've seen hatched out, that would not have been the case. Even the hypos not het for albino start off a lot lighter in the egg.

From what Brad told me he was basing his baby Greens being hypo on the fact that they have a different color, and dorsal spotting instead of striping from other greens he has seen and produced, which is a lot from what he told me. Plus the green female that produced them was with a hypo. Not to discredit brad in anyway as a breeder, but I have seen several greens with more of a spotted pattern than striping, and I have seen greens that look all different colors including ones very similar in color to the ones he has pictured. I would really like for Brad to see my pics. I think he would agree at this point.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #6
anaconda420
with your permission ben i would like to take your pics up to brad and show him.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
anaconda420
i just read your post again and i have to disagree with this one

From what I understand hypos in the Hypo/Platinum Burmese line have all pink tongues.

Both of my hypo females have purple toungs.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
BenR
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaconda420 View Post
with your permission ben i would like to take your pics up to brad and show him.
Please do! BTW, one normal hypo is out of the egg. So it shouldn't be much longer for these guys.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
BenR
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaconda420 View Post
i just read your post again and i have to disagree with this one

From what I understand hypos in the Hypo/Platinum Burmese line have all pink tongues.

Both of my hypo females have purple toungs.
I would have to look at my adults and see their tongues. I know the hypo baby that just hatched has an all pink tongue.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
juggalo
So this tongue thing was driving me crazy, I am cleaning snakes right now... Have some albinos with pink(red) tongues and normals with purple(black) tongues and then I have a big normal female who has a combination of the two she has a spotted pink and black tongue. I will see what the hypos have once I get that far... What does the color of the tongue have to do with anything, just curious........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!