Pet Calendar Contest Winner - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
WingedSweetheart
Pet Calendar Contest Winner

My local newspaper holds a pet calendar contest every year. There are always nothing but cats and dogs. Sometimes there will be a horse and some rabbits. But never ever any reptiles. So, this year I entered my 2yr old Bubblegum Snow, Sylvara and she actually won. I got to take her to the newspaper office for some professional photos. She will be on the front of the calendar and whatever month I choose. I chose July. The woman that called to tell me I won and arrange for me to come to their office was very unsure of the snake. But once we got there and they all seen her actual size and how nice she was, some of the people there even ventured to touch, Sylvara.

I was surprised that the trophy they gave Sylvara was so big and heavy. I was expecting a little cheap plastic trophy.

Here is one of my attempts to take a picture of Sylvara with her trophy. It didn't turn out very well. I'll try again. Plus when I get the calendar I'll make sure to show you guys those pictures too!

Ps
Yes this picture is a little photoshopped. I blacked out the background and tried to make the last two lines of text on the trophy brighter because in the original picture you could not read them.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
cornsnakekate
Aw, congratulations! I can't wait to see the calendar pics

Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
that is really cool, congratulations!!

Old 01-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
Helenthereef
Is the calendar out?

Old 01-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
WingedSweetheart
Oh yeah it came out around Christmas.

She got faded out in the other picture. She got the month of July. But she didn't want to hold still :P She was in the basket all coiled up but of course she had to come out and try running away.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
Helenthereef
Very cool - getting reptiles accepted as normal pet ownership can only help to promote understanding, and is probably more productive than all the letters of protest to politicians trying to legislate against them... Congratulations!

Old 01-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
Looks great and you got the cover! sweet!

This must be the year of the snake, where I work decided to do a calendar this year with people's pets and one of mine was chosen as well (the only non-dog/cat whoohoo)

Our babies are getting famous
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02806.JPG (141.4 KB, 36 views)

Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Looks great and you got the cover! sweet!

This must be the year of the snake, where I work decided to do a calendar this year with people's pets and one of mine was chosen as well (the only non-dog/cat whoohoo)

Our babies are getting famous
Well done April! it all helps I'm certain (beautiful pic by the way)

Old 01-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
Helenthereef
JUST occurred to me - maybe a Fauna calendar?????????????

Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #10
radera5
Congrats to both of you ladies.
Love the pics, love the calendars, and love the snake recognition!! Nothing but good.

A Fauna calendar would be pretty cool to. I don't think it could hurt anything, that's for sure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!