Ravenclaw Ball Python - Leopard x Woma? Details inside. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
B&C Ball Pythons
Ravenclaw Ball Python - Leopard x Woma? Details inside.

These were produced by Mark Martinek and all remain in his collection. He was kind enough to send me some updated photos of these lil beauties. He gave me the ok to share this story:

Leopard pied male was paired with a woma(ball python morph) female. Five eggs were laid and all 5 hatchlings came out like this. If they are indeed combos, then talk about hitting the odds! So for now, it is assumed that these are leopard womas, but with no leopard or woma siblings, it creates some grey area and cannot definitively be labeled as such. He is going to figure it out w/future breeding.

First pic is their hatchling photo.
Other three pics are current.

I think they're awesome and unique. Feel free to give feedback and I'll forward it to Mark. He's curious to find out what people think about this combo and seeks opinions regarding what folks think about them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 117320ravenclaw.2.jpg (143.4 KB, 421 views)
File Type: jpg Image00013.jpg (136.4 KB, 412 views)
File Type: jpg Image00006.jpg (140.1 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg Image00010.jpg (149.2 KB, 403 views)

Old 04-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
glk832
I saw those on a new morph forum man they are beautiful...

Old 04-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
EvergladesExotics
Those are sick man! I love the black stripe down their backs. These are really nice snakes, and talk about odds!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
oskyle1567
WOW thats all i have to say almost look like desert spiders insane! Im sure they were very difficult to produce i would like to see what happens a couple years down the road with these guys. I know walls "woma/ball" combos have been produced but have they actually been paired back with each other or is it a one shot deal?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
B&C Ball Pythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by oskyle1567 View Post
WOW thats all i have to say almost look like desert spiders insane! Im sure they were very difficult to produce i would like to see what happens a couple years down the road with these guys. I know walls "woma/ball" combos have been produced but have they actually been paired back with each other or is it a one shot deal?
I should have clarified. It was a woma(morph) ball python, not a woma python.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
oskyle1567
O that makes more sense

Old 04-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
rcpreis3
Holy crap thats insane!!!!!!! I would have a heart attack if I saw something like that popping out of my eggs!

Can we get pics of the parents?

Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
B&C Ball Pythons
I can ask if he has some he would like to share w/us.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&C Ball Pythons View Post
I can ask if he has some he would like to share w/us.
That would be awesome, a big congrats to him.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
snakejems reptiles
wow,, they are some wild snakes with nice pattern and color,, i wonder what the supers would look like if no problems in the woma side which can happen,,, or just add some other pattern snakes and keep the super and issues away,,, add enchi, fire or yb and that snake would be smoking hot....good luck....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!