Glow? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
MrBig
Glow?

Has anyone had a snake glow long before they ovulate? Had a girl I posted on here refuse food for 2 months (never misses a meal) and refuse the male for a month before go into an obvious glow, then I was gone for 2 days and when I returned she looked to be at end of OV (wishful thinking) then shed and still looked way light. 40 days later and they are still follicles after palpation, and now she is back to building behaviour, bowl wrapping and turning belly. Even threw a male and they locked. I'm thoroughly confused, so any experience would be appreciated. I was under the assumption she was reabsorbing, but then the bowl wrapping and locking, if she was reabsorbing I would assume she would do neither of these activities. So has anyone had a snake go into an intense glow long before laying?

Old 04-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Has anyone had a snake glow long before they ovulate?
No, but I've had them look really nice where I thought they were glowing, and then when they did glow it blew my mind...
The glow last from preov shed until they go into prelay shed, never seen it last longer or shorter than that.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
MrBig
That's what I thought, but do you remember the orange head girl I posted on here as glowing? If that wasn't her glow, I might go blind when she does. If it was her glow, then why hasn't she ceased her building and breeding activities? Thanks for the reply

Old 04-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
MrBig
This is her then and she still has the light body color but the orange in the head is gone. I'm operating under the assumption she is reabsorbing, but the follicles are still about 40 mm and she is still acting odd, so figured I would ask opinions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snakes 063.jpg (164.7 KB, 68 views)

Old 04-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
IvoryExotics
Yep, I have two girls that start glowing a week or so BEFORE they start building follicles. Its my signal to start pairing them up. Not all my girls do this, most start shortly before ovulation, but these girls want to look pretty earlier.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
ClarkT
I've had one glow for a couple weeks, but not much longer than that.

How do you know they're 40mm? That's right at, or after, ovy size...from what I've researched and what i see on mine.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:29 AM   #7
scratchypen
Ive had girls glow and not give me anything. It made me very unhappy! She is very pretty. Good luck.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
MrBig
Thanks everyone for your input.
Shantel, I'm going under the assumption she won't give me anything, but there still is a faint hope.
Clark, I know they are roughly 40 mm by palpating. They are rather large, and in my experience the size right before ovulation.

Brittany, thatnks it's good to know there is some hope.

She is going into shed again, so we shall see if she ovulates this time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!