advice ?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
reticguy76
advice ??

Alright fellas, interesting morning now. So, back in February/March, I had assumed that my bigger fwc had eaten my smaller one. Well, I found some towels that I had taken out of the enclosure (I put wet towels in their cages, when they get ready to shed for higher humidity) and never though nothing of it. Well, I came across them as I was cleaning out the snake room yesterday, and put them in the laundry. I washed them, forgot about them in the washer and re-washed them today. As I was putting them into the dryer, I saw something at them bottom of the washer. It was my smaller fwc, still freakin alive !!. I know its not retic related, but Im using my experience and what I would recommend to clients that would call in a similar situation. I put him on heat in a plastic tub with water (he looks pretty dehydrated and skinny, obviously. IM gonna offer him a meal today, and see what he does with it). Any other thoughts on this. Im just in awwww, that he was still alive and a decent tongue flicker and even somewhat moving around. Messed up obviously, but I mean wow !!

Old 07-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Metachrosis
Cant help but
Got to be the worlds first glad the animal survived.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
reticguy76
thanks. Im still just amazed, that he was still moving after two extra rinse cycle washes. Hes actually cruising around in his tub right now. unbelievable

Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
CEEMEE
WOW thats incredible! Any pics? What was the size difference?

Old 07-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
reticguy76
Ill get a few pics up a little later. Im letting him relax and chill in his high humdidity and little heated tub enclosure. Ive never dealt or even heard of this, at least the animals living through two separate washes with laundry detergent both times. I mean, in veterinary medicine, if someone called into my work with this for advice, id think it was a joke. But its just unreal. Im just trying to step back and take the advice I would give if a client called in for something like this. This little guy was meant to live and I think will be a very special animal in my collection

Old 07-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Snake-Queen
Holy cow!! I'd have to change his name to miracle.

I'd get him hydrated & attempt to feed in the next day or so.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
reticguy76
thats my immediate plan. unreal !!

Old 07-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
Wilomn
As I've told you many times, best damn snakes they make.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
reticguy76
you aint kiddin wes. for sure not out of the woods by any means, but the fact that he is still alive is a tribute to these snakes

Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
Shadera
Sounds like you've got a crappy washer.

Glad he's doing okay so far.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!