Where is my dragon?!? It's lost! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
J&J Dragons
Unhappy Where is my dragon?!? It's lost!

How did USPS lose my poor beardie?

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...=eg868986504us

This is the tracking number in case the link above doesn't work: eg868986504us

Says it was shipped on the 27th & guaranteed arrival by noon on the 28th. It left Atlanta, GA but nothing after that for over a day? It's almost noon on the 29th now & USPS still hasn't found her!
If it's lost in GA & they find it then it might be okay right? I don't know how they do in that climate but if it's on some USPS truck here in AZ it is almost 110 degrees so she would likely be dead.
I guess it's out of my control & all I can do is wait to see.

I wonder how often this happens?
Has this happened to any of you?
Who was the carrier (USPS, Fed-Ex, or UPS)?
What was the outcome?
Did they find your dragon or lose it forever or did it arrive alive or dead?

Old 08-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
mmdragons
you really shouldnt use usps to ship reptiles because of things like this. With heat like that it could cost the animal its life and there is nothing the seller will do because it was carrier error. Hopefully they find her soon. I have gotten bearded dragons and other lizards frogs insects throught ups and fedex other that them being an hour late once ive never had a package lost. I had roached shiped to me usps and they crushed the box how i dont know but luckily they did not kill any of the insects. Next time use ups or fedex

Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
J&J Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdragons View Post
you really shouldnt use usps to ship reptiles because of things like this. With heat like that it could cost the animal its life and there is nothing the seller will do because it was carrier error. Hopefully they find her soon. I have gotten bearded dragons and other lizards frogs insects throught ups and fedex other that them being an hour late once ive never had a package lost. I had roached shiped to me usps and they crushed the box how i dont know but luckily they did not kill any of the insects. Next time use ups or fedex
I've received 20 dragons in the past couple weeks & all came from UPS & Fed-Ex & all were here before 1030am most came earlier around 9am-10am. I've never received a dragon through USPS (I guess technically I still haven't).
I think I'll warn that seller to not use USPS ever again. I've had USPS lose regular packages before but still you'd think they'd be more careful with a guaranteed overnight live animal.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
Cache Reptiles
This is exactly why I don't use USPS for live shipments. FedEx and UPS are much more reliable.

Quote:
I've had USPS lose regular packages before but still you'd think they'd be more careful with a guaranteed overnight live animal.
They don't treat live shipments any different than they would any other shipment.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
angie.h
Poor thing....I hope it makes it, but the temps. are not in your favor on either end. The seller should refund shipping cost if it arrives alive, and the total cost if it is DOA.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
Snake-Queen
Any update?

Old 08-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #7
angie.h
Has the breeder contacted USPS ? I don't know if it would help at all, but the number for USPS is 1-800-275-8777. Explain to them that this is an emergency with a small live animal involved and you need to track your package.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #8
J&J Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Any update?
I just checked the tracking thing again & it says it arrived in phoenix today at 7:04am. So hopefully it will get to me today & hopefully I'll open the box & find a healthy dragon.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
J&J Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie.h View Post
Has the breeder contacted USPS ? I don't know if it would help at all, but the number for USPS is 1-800-275-8777. Explain to them that this is an emergency with a small live animal involved and you need to track your package.
Not sure if the breeder did but I did & I was told they would "research it" & call me back when they found out where it is. I'm just waiting for my phone to ring...

Old 08-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #10
Headcreeps
I've recieved a dragon through USPS before, it was a whole day late in the middle of winter. Sucked. Hope he's arrives healthy soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!