Champagne or Ivory? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
AFMike27
Champagne or Ivory?

Which gene do I need more? I've seen the enchi champs and they are pretty insane, and I feel like an enchi fire x champ pairing could yield some pretty unreal babies..

Just looking for opinions before I make my next move.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
hhmoore
If you are looking toward enchi fire champagnes (or other champ combos), then you need a champagne....if you want yellowbelly combos, you need the ivory. Let your goals be your guide.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Randy F
champagnes are more desired right now from a selling point, but if you want to make puma, super stripe, or hiway combos the ivory would be better. Look at all the combo morphs of both and think of how many your going to have to sell and weigh out both

Old 09-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
Kingofspades
I dislike champagnes...so my vote is obvious. Haha.

But get what you like.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofspades View Post
I dislike champagnes...so my vote is obvious. Haha.

But get what you like.
What!!!

How can you dislike champs, that can't be right

We liked them enough to get 2

Ivory's are nice IF the adults that produced them are nice.
I would make sure when buying an ivory to know what line of yellowbelly was used to produce it.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
I would make sure when buying an ivory to know what line of yellowbelly was used to produce it.
I agree...I asked for pics of the parents of every ivory I considered, regardless of price or trade offer.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I agree...I asked for pics of the parents of every ivory I considered, regardless of price or trade offer.
Smart move, two very blah plain looking yb's can make a beautiful Ivory.
But can that beautiful Ivory then make really nice yb's...

Old 09-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
Kingofspades
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
What!!!

How can you dislike champs, that can't be right

We liked them enough to get 2

They overpower almost every morph you combine them with and honestly, I think they look like poo.
The ONLY combo I have seen that I can tolerate is the champage enchi, and even then I have not seen one with age...so I can't even say I like it.

It's just my opinion. I do not care for them. It's fine if you do, and thousands of others...I don't want one.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
Bumble Boy
I think you should go with the Ivory, the combos are endless plus you wont make any normals.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
AFMike27
A lot of good replies.. I do agree that champs overpower most morphs, my sole purpose for buying one would be to make enchi champ combos.

Having a super and not producing any normals would also be a plus, and there seems to be more growth for the ivories in terms of possibilities. The champ would wash out a lot, whereas the yellowbelly will enhance. But I'll have fire, pastel and vanilla in my collection and I can only have so many enhancers.

I think the champ will be a game changer for my collection. But, there are some nice pastel ivories at comparable prices.. Love the points, thanks for the replies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!