New and improved juice - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 11-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
WebSlave
New and improved juice

Been drinking Welch's Cranberry/Grape juice for a while, thinking the fruit juices would be healthy for me. So Tuesday Connie goes and stocks up some and when she gets home, she happens to glance at the label and things something has changed. Yeah, I'll say.

Here's the juice itself...

Here's the contents label for the older stuff I have been drinking:

And here's the newer stuff:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at stuff like this. Now when you buy a bag of potato chips, you get half a bag of air. Kleenex tissues now have a rather wide air space at the top of the box whereas they used to be crammed to the top. Candy bars are smaller, portions are smaller, and as can be seen, nutrients are removed or greatly reduced. Yet the price remains the same or even higher.

No telling how many more items are being foisted on us like this without any fanfare. So not only is quality diminishing, so is quantity as well. That's if you can even believe what the labels are saying.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
aleria
I was going to make a snarky comment about it now basically being just sugar water until I spied the ingredient list at the bottom of each... Then I just felt sad.

From my understanding they always list ingredients from highest content to lowest. Seeing the old 50% juice one was water followed by fruit juice and then the 20% juice being water followed by sugar.

I mean honestly, how are people supposed to make an attempt at being healthier when even "real fruit juice" is just coolaid at this point?

Old 11-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Lucille
"Juice" and "Cocktail" and other descriptions are sometimes legal terms, and some of the terms like "juice drink" are meant to lure the unwary who think they are purchasing more juice than they are. This is especially sad in my opinion when people are buying juice because they want to be healthier.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juice

Old 11-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Metachrosis
The pasturisation process pretty much put all juices in the same class,regardless of "content", what is there is greatly rendered nutritionally useless.
Home brew Juicers had a bad run here a few yrs back and the trend ended far to early.
I personally blew up acouple "cheaper" units and drifted away,I missed some of the mixes and concoctions I whipped up.
There is no mystery to any of my juices or cocktails the last few years,
my Commercial grade Champion* juicer has more then paid for its self every year Ive owned it.Its not limited to just juicing so ya'll check'em out

Old 11-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Shadera
Must be a part of that whole we're not smart enough to take care of ourselves so they have to regulate how much of anything we can put into our bodies BS. Wouldn't want us getting fat. Oh, wait ...

I'm with Tommy on the juicer. Can't wait to break out the cider press, either.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
Metachrosis
My juicer makes virtually "everything",read a product review for some of the details.
CIDER!! oh yes the jugs of apple awesomeness
A bit of plumbing a dash of yeast,patience and time . . . . .

Old 11-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Dennis Hultman
Rich, for the last several years I think Welch's has had at least three different version of that cranberry and grape product at my local store at the same time. Also many more versions of just cranberry. The labels are almost identical on the front but the differences so apparent on the ingredients and price. Store brands that champion lower prices now compare their ingredients to the less expensive/ less juice name brand line. The 100 percent juice significantly higher price point. Then the highest line being labeled organic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis
I personally blew up acouple "cheaper" units and drifted away
Kind of hard to blow up mine. I have several of these types. (pictures borrowed from google)

Luckily, I have slave labor (children) that like to do the work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (3.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg images.jpg (2.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (1.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (9.6 KB, 58 views)

Old 11-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
Metachrosis
Thats just OJ production,with a good juicer,(straight OJ is seldom drank here)
Get them cued and clued on herbology and never look back.
Its fun to learn the simplicity of true organics that are a solid kick in Big Pharm
(pro medicine) @$$.

I would be careful making child labor references,plenty round here see its their duty
to evangelize free human thinking and value systems.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
keithy
I bought a $90 juicer and juice every morning. I do a lot of vegetables but it is very cheap (I grow my own veg) and incredibly healthy!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!