Three bad eggs tonight - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-18-2004, 10:51 PM   #1
beakgeek
Three bad eggs tonight

Damn! Opened one of the incubators and chunky monkey and carl's eggs were totally collapsed and molded. One of my other females had an egg she kicked out of the lay box that I thought was going to be ok, but it had collapsed as well. Difficult night for me. I was looking forward to some pretty tangs.

On the bright side.....a check of the "tiger" group showed 3 more gravid females!!!!!!

Also, we came up with a name for the het rainwater tiger male:

Gump

My wife was thinking he looks like a Bubba, but I think Gump is a better fit. Now to come up with names for the other bunch.

I think I'm going to switch the laying medium to sphagnum moss since it is so damn hard to find eggs in the stuff Monte used.

I am enjoying all the hatchling images!

Regards,

Terry

Old 04-18-2004, 11:21 PM   #2
Monte
THREE MORE . . .

. . . Unbelieveable. I'm so very happy for you. My tigers started out slow, but once I put in that new male, I think that's better.

Who's gravid?

I'm sorry to hear about Carl and Monkey's eggs - dang, I wonder if it was due to the stress? Hmmm . . . .

Well, that's how it goes some times. i actually had a horrible year until I got rid of my perilite. I don't know what happened - but i lost eveyone that was on perilite. But when i put them on vermiculite - the rest are fine.

Keep us up to date.

I like the name "Gump" - he is a "Gump".

Old 04-18-2004, 11:47 PM   #3
beakgeek
Quote:
Who's gravid?
The one female you knew about and two others. I'll check again tomorrow and write down which ones.

I swapped out the laying medium you were using and put in peat moss. I have found it easier to be able to locate the eggs with peat moss.

I love these tigers Monte!!! They are so alert and inquisitive. I was cleaning the enclosure out and they all came out and were looking at me. They really got excited when I dropped in crickets. It reminded me of a scene from The Lord of the Rings when the orcs come streaming out from below ground - same thing only it was leopard geckos coming out of the lay box to attack crickets not hobbits.

Regards,

Terry

Old 04-21-2004, 04:29 PM   #4
MGReptiles
Listen to this, I had a incubaor of about 30 eggs go bad about a month and a half ago. I just about cried. I am still not sure what happened. But on a good note I have gotten new eggs and expect about 26 babies in about 2 weeks. Time for theat baby rack huh,
-Matt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!