A little comfort came today! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2004, 03:27 PM   #1
Blazin
A little comfort came today!

The first clutch Nitro layed this year hatched today. They kind of puzzle me though. Vibrant yellow but only slight traces of tang. Oh well I could actually care less. Just having some of her offspring helps. Try and get a pic for later.

Old 04-22-2004, 05:56 PM   #2
KelliH
That's great Chad, congrats

Old 04-22-2004, 06:23 PM   #3
diablohogs
tangerine

all of my tangs come out yellow. they will develop more tangerine as they mature...dont worry. it seems to me that the richer the yellow the more tangerine they develop. for a little extra comfort track down the 'introducing neo' thread on here somewhere (i think page 3 or 4) and look at neo go from rich yellow to rich orange. ive seen this in all of my hatchlings this year....so far.

Old 04-22-2004, 06:36 PM   #4
E2MacPets
Re: tangerine

Quote:
Originally posted by diablohogs
all of my tangs come out yellow. they will develop more tangerine as they mature...dont worry. it seems to me that the richer the yellow the more tangerine they develop. for a little extra comfort track down the 'introducing neo' thread on here somewhere (i think page 3 or 4) and look at neo go from rich yellow to rich orange. ive seen this in all of my hatchlings this year....so far.
...spoken with years of experience...

Chad (diablohogs) how many tangs have you hatched and watched grow into their adult coloration before making this statement? I can't believe you'd try and comfort Chad (Blazin) by telling him to look at pictures of the first hatchling that you have ever hatched, which was a month and a half ago! What an incredible slap in the face of everything Chad (Blazin) has worked on for years.

Old 04-22-2004, 06:43 PM   #5
beakgeek
Chad

That is so cool!!!!! So in honor of Nitro are you going to name this one Oxide??? Might be kind of cool - Oxide son/daughter of Nitro. Or you can shorten it to Nos.

Unless, Nitro was for Nitro Glycerin which would make the new youngster Glycerin ;-)

I'm glad that you'll be able to continue the Nitro line.

Regards,

Terry

Old 04-22-2004, 07:06 PM   #6
Golden Gate Geckos
good to hear...

Quote:
Just having some of her offspring helps.
This really chokes me up, Chad... I would give anything to have just one of the babies back from a few of my very 'special' geckos over the years. I hope you will keep one as a tribute to your beautiful Nitro.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:12 PM   #7
RandyS
Congrats Chad, glad to hear you got some hatchlings from Nitro's eggs.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:31 PM   #8
diablohogs
Quote:
...spoken with years of experience...
look! i was using an example (my own hatchling) to show that though it may start out yellow it will probably come out tangerine if the genes are there.

Quote:
how many tangs have you hatched and watched grow into their adult coloration before making this statement?
none. i have however watched 5 of my hatchlings from a tangerine breeding born yellow and turn orange within 4 weeks of being born. maybe they will fade back to yellow... but rather than jump in, questioning me, why dont you offer your own insight... if you look at those pictures....you will see a drastic change from yellow to orange. it doesnt take years of experience to notice the difference between yellow and orange.

heres a pic of neo (orange at 4 weeks old) next to zaggy (2 hours old). i will post a more recent pic of zaggy under this post showing the amount of orange that has developed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg neo4weeks.jpg (117.4 KB, 48 views)

Old 04-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #9
diablohogs
zaggy at 3 weeks

see how yellow he WAS in the other picture?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orange-head.jpg (129.5 KB, 48 views)

Old 04-22-2004, 07:45 PM   #10
diablohogs
Chad (blazin, not me... of course)... sorry to fill your thread with pictures of my geckos... i was only trying to make a point... i was not insulting your experience with geckos or tangerines nor was i attempting to take over your thread.

i wish you all the best of luck with Nitros offspring and hope they turn out tangerine as can be.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!