Pneumonia - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
JColt
Pneumonia

Just got back an hour ago from hospital. I've been sick and was sleeping when wife came home. She woke me up and said my lips were blue. So now I have Flu and Pneumonia. They gave me breathing treatment and all kinds of shots. They wanted me to stay but I said no thanks. Wife told them she would stay with me next 24 hours so they released me. The last time I felt this bad was in 1979 when I had mononucleosis. What ever one of the shots were went to work real fast on my throat. I came home and slept 3 hours and more rested. Stay well all, You dont want this!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
WebSlave
Man, maybe you should have stayed in the hospital. Pneumonia is nothing to fool around with. People wind up suddenly in a pine box from that crap. When your lungs fill up with fluid, game is over with.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
Fangthane
When I was somewhere around 12 years old, I got very sick. Hacking, rattling cough, sore throat, fever, chest pain, etc. My douchebag of a dad kept sending me to school for a whole week before the school stepped in and sent me back home. After that, I was finally taken to the doctor's office. Turns out I had a pretty bad case of he called "walking pneumonia". I missed the next 4 weeks of school. It was probably the worst I ever felt in my entire life. I feel your pain.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
Durante
that's no good... but only a true trooper manages to log in & post on Fauna while sick with the Flu & Pneumonia. I'm the biggest, most miserable, sissy you'll ever meet when sick so my hats tipped to you sir. Get some rest & get better soon!

Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
Lucille
Joe, take care of yourself and feel better soon. That combination is pretty serious. If you get to feeling worse go back to the hospital please.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
rcarichter
Sending good wishes your way, Joe. I almost lost my husband 6 years ago due to his refusal to go to the hospital until it was too late. I hope you pull through this soon; it sounds absolutely miserable.

Noelle

Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
JColt
Thanks all. Thing is I feel sorta ok one min then for 4 hours I'm in bed shivering and miserable then I go back to sorta ok. Slept a full 6 hours last night which is about normal. Tired but not too bad. Give it an hour though, lol.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
AbsoluteApril
my step mom is going through the same right now, stopped breathing, ran to the hospital. they wanted her to stay for a few days but there was no room. So they have her on pills and breathing tube for about 3 days at home. She's already showing great improvement each day, so hopefully it will be the same for you! get well!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
Lucille
Joe, check in so we don't worry about you.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #10
JColt
Thanks for concern! I will feel fine for an hour or 2 then crash hard for 3 or 4 hours. One of the drugs they have me on makes it burn when I urinate which is unpleasant and the smell gags me. Horrible! Luckily I only have 2 more of those to take. Breathing fine now as long as I change position every so often.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!