mail man took the oustalets?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
Brays Chameleons
mail man took the oustalets??

so i shipped off a cham to Massachusetts today. it still hasnt gotten to where its supposed to be in east bridgewater,ma. it arrived in Pennsylvania at 1pm today. hasnt moved since then. any suggestions? the buyer already revoked their payment on paypal....and the post office told me that i can get my shipping cost back $40. but lovely right?! ive heard of these types of things happening before, especially on the east coast of the us. idk what to do at this point. i really care about this cham and hope that i can get some answers soon

Old 06-29-2013, 05:46 AM   #2
hhmoore
There is no such thing as guaranteed overnight delivery of reptiles via the USPS. If the box arrives today, and the chameleon is alive and well; provide that info to PayPal. If it doesn't get there until Monday, or later; there isnt much you can do besides count it as a lesson learned the hard way.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
hhmoore
Wait...you shipped it TODAY? (Yesterday, at this point in time)
Why would you expect it to be there by 10:30pm of the day you sent it? That's pretty unrealistic, don't you think?

Old 06-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
Brays Chameleons
i shipped it on wednesday afternoon at 1 pm. it is supossed to be there thursday by 3pm. well that was yesterday!!

Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
radera5
Definitely a hard lesson learned. Say NO to shipping with USPS.

FedEx, Reptile Express or Ship Your Reptiles
Next Day Priority
Guaranteed by 10:30 or Noon 99% of the time.

Hope that poor cham makes it.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
Metachrosis
Never ship unless funds are " IN HAND"

Old 06-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
Brays Chameleons
they finally delivered the package! now time to see if he's alive or not and if the buyer will be nice and resend me the money...im never using usps for east coast packages again! cant believe how horrible this agency is on that side of the states!

Old 06-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
radera5
It shouldn't be used on the West coast either!

If you truly want the best for your animals, shell out the extra cash to have said animal properly shipped.
I don't care if USPS has worked on the West coast for you before or not, shipping live animals with USPS is down right irresponsible.

Good luck in the future.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
tbgnc22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brays Chameleons View Post
they finally delivered the package! now time to see if he's alive or not and if the buyer will be nice and resend me the money...im never using usps for east coast packages again! cant believe how horrible this agency is on that side of the states!
It's not the east coast that's the problem. Everyone knows you don't ship reptiles through usps. That was a bad move to begin with so let this be a good lesson learned from here on out. SYR and FedEx are always the best options.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
snowgyre
Isn't it against USPS policy to ship live animals anyway?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!