Doberman Pinscher Male Stud Service - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 11:29 AM   #1
cassys
Exclamation Doberman Pinscher Male Stud Service

22 month old male Doberman (black/tan) available for stud service. Great Deal for fee as well. Not sure what price to put for fee but willing to negotiate on any price. Live in Dallas, Texas willing to drive him to you. Instead of taking a puppy from litter I will just take price of one puppy as cash, whatever you decide to sell puppy as.

Thanks,
Cassandra
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-12-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
RealtorAra
Red face Re: Doberman Stud Dallas

Please let me know how we can talk about getting your doberman for stud.
Thanks!

Old 01-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
RealtorAra
my email : realtorara@yahoo.com
Looking for a doberman stud here in Dallas... Thanks

Old 01-12-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassys
22 month old male Doberman (black/tan) available for stud service. Great Deal for fee as well. Not sure what price to put for fee but willing to negotiate on any price. Live in Dallas, Texas willing to drive him to you. Instead of taking a puppy from litter I will just take price of one puppy as cash, whatever you decide to sell puppy as.

Thanks,
Cassandra
Tell me why i should breed to your dog?
Is it tittled? In what?
22 months 'eh..tad young,don't you think?

Why do you want to breed him???

I train dogs.I have 2 Dobermann males myself.
One import, one local ,both outstanding working pedigrees.
And YOU just opened a HUGE can of worms.
Care to have a discussion?

Old 01-13-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
Cat_72
While I agree with you Christopher....Cassandra posted her ad in 2004. I'd be more curious as to the characteristics and attributes of Ara's Dobe.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:44 AM   #6
Griz
I have one better for you! I have a 22 month old male doby, akc, pick of litter, perfect temperment etc that's free to the right home. We are expecting and just cannot devote the time he deserves. Rocky is an amazing dog and deserves better then what we can give him.

Griz

Old 01-13-2007, 12:56 AM   #7
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher66
Tell me why i should breed to your dog?
Apparently you shouldn't, considering you go on to mention you already have two males of your own.

Quote:
Is it tittled? In what?
Tittled? Does that have something to do with canine mammary glands?

Quote:
22 months 'eh..tad young,don't you think?
Honest question here, why is a male dog 2 months shy of 2 years old too young to breed? All he has to be is a sperm donor, surely a 2 year old can handle that.

Quote:
Why do you want to breed him???
For money obviously, she stated she'd take cash as a stud fee. The fact that this reason may be unacceptable to you, me, or anyone else, makes no difference.

Quote:
I train dogs.I have 2 Dobermann males myself.
One import, one local ,both outstanding working pedigrees.
Hence the reason you should have no need of a stud dog.

Quote:
And YOU just opened a HUGE can of worms.
I fail to see any can of worms that has been opened let alone a HUGE one. She was offering a doberman for stud nearly 2 YEARS AGO. I can offer a mutt dog from the pound as a stud and it's no one's business but mine.
Perhaps this dog is registered, perhaps it's not. Either way, a title, pedigree, or anything else is not an absolute prerequisite to being allowed to reproduce.
The vast majority of people looking for a stud would require registration papers and if she doesn't have those she's unlikely to get anyone interested in using her dog. Either way, having a pedigree or not is largely irrelevant, and if it is an issue it is between the two parties involved.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #8
Wolfy-hound
If I was interested in a dobie stud, I would think I would call or email her and we would go over her referances, his paperwork and any titles etc that were important to me.
I don't see why you felt the need to post a "You just opened a HUGE can of worms" to an ad you obviously have no need of. If you don't agree with breeding dogs, then state that politely and move on. People breed dogs. Maybe her line of dobie is exactly what someone is looking for. 22 monthes is more than old enough to breed. And just because you feel YOUR dogs are better, doesn't detract from her dog in the least.
I'm glad you have two such great male dobies, and I'm sure you are proud of them. Why not brag on them, rather than bash someone else's?
Wolfy(former breeder of yorkshire terriers, and dog show fancier)

Old 01-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #9
RealtorAra
More about my Dobie...

Nothing outstanding in bloodlines with our dobie, she is registered, beautiful black and tan, clipped ears and tail. We bought her from a local breeder. She is 3 yrs old, we are wanting to breed her 1 time, for another dog of our own and the rest to sell then have her fixed. We bred our last dobie one time and it changed her temperament for the better, meaning she was more protective and calmed her down. She unfortunately died of heart problems. So... back to us finding a stud to breed her with, we are in Dallas area. Just trying to start somewhere to find a stud. Any ideas? Any advice?
Thanks so much all!!

Ara

Old 01-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #10
Cat_72
Ara,

While of course temperament and general soundness are the most important factors you need to consider, there are a few other things that you should look at before thinking about breeding your Dobe girl. You probably lost your first girl to cardiomyopathy, which unfortunately seems to be too common in Dobes. Also prevalent in Dobes are Hypothyroidism and Von Willebrands disease, all of these being very much hereditary. Research into her background and testing can be done to insure that she is not a carrier of these problems. Some of these problems cannot be properly and accurately tested for until at least 3 years of age, I would assume that is why Christopher thought that the age of 22 months was a bit young to be offering a dog up as a stud.

If you really want to breed your female, and she is clear of these problems, look to other breeders who also actively do similar testing, as well as having dogs with even temperaments. Dobes also seem to be a breed that have been maligned by folks breeding too many dogs with poor temperaments, resulting in a bad "rep" for the breed with too many folks, and getting away from the intelligent and wonderful dogs they originally were.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread