Jeff Kowalsky of Exotic Aquatic Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-16-2004, 08:44 PM   #1
andrew owen
Jeff Kowalsky of Exotic Aquatic Reptiles

I will explain from the beginning. My name is Andrew Owen. Last year around April of 2003 I traded a pair of coastal rosy boas (proven adults) to Mr. Jeff Kowalsky for 2.0 red albino garters and the promise of a red female as soon as she was born.

I know that this is not an expensive animal but Jeff promised and gave me his word. I was very patient for about 10 months I waited and waited. After 10 months I sent Jeff another email asking if he forgot. He said no that he was still looking. Every 2 to 3 weeks since then I have contacted Jeff or tried to. Three weeks ago I got a hold of Jeff and he said that he would send me 1.2 proven checkered garters (male albino, females hets). I thought hey that is cool, this will bring some justice to the deal.

He said it was too hot to ship but that we should wait for a week until Monday the 9th. He said for me to call him before then. I called on Sunday and did not get a reply. I called on Monday and did not get a reply. I emailed him 5 times since then. I have repeatedly called for the past two weeks with no reply.

Like I said, it is not the money or the value of animals I am looking for. It is just for a promise to be fulfilled. I have tens of thousands of dollars invested in monitors and snakes, a few garter snakes are not going to make my collection but they sounded fun and I was looking forward to Jeff doing what he said he would.

I encourage Jeff to defend himself. I mean perhaps there is a reason he was not able to respond, perhaps a very good one, I really hope so.

I will email him letting him know that this thread is here.

Andrew Owen, varanuscreations.com

Old 08-16-2004, 08:51 PM   #2
andrew owen
the email I sent Jeff

I just thought all of you might want to see the email I just sent Jeff letting him know of this post.

here it is:

Jeff,

I just wanted to let you know that I have posted the history of this deal on faunaclassifieds.com under the original board of inquiry.

I just want some justice brought to this deal.

I really hope that there is a good reason for you not sending me snakes or not replying, even if I can't think of any good possible reasons.

Thanks Andrew Owen
------------------------------

thanks for reading,

andrew

Old 08-16-2004, 09:06 PM   #3
evansnakes
Andrew, I have done quite a few deals with Jeff on expensive animals and he always came through to the letter of his word everytime. He has never failed to pay one cent that he owed on time. I can't say that for many people and I myself have gone past deadlines on debts. I don't know if you aware but he has a fulltime job and a family as well as his reptile business and while I am not making excuses for why he did not contact you I am simply saying that this time of year he may very well be tied up with something and despite best intentions sometimes we just can not meet all of our responsibilities. I think if you give him a chance to remedy your situation you will see he comes though for you. Evan

Old 08-16-2004, 09:38 PM   #4
Casey Hulse
I know Jeff

also, and he will take care of you. I believe he is moving/just moved into a new house, he may not have his computer hooked up yet.
I understand your frustration, but you do not have to worry, Jeff is good to his word.

Old 08-17-2004, 09:01 PM   #5
craig kade
Jeff is a great guy, I actually may be partly to blame in this. He was trying to get some albino checkereds from me this weekend. I will try to get ahold of him tonight and see if we can get you some snakes. I am sure Jeff has not been purposely avoiding you. He is just very busy and has been hard to get ahold of.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!