Is there a trick for this one? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-27-2004, 09:52 AM   #1
AaronFromPA
Is there a trick for this one?

Hey all,

I have one of those reptile Den hides, you know the ones where the cover sticks to the front of the tank and you can remove it and annoy your herps?

Anyway the day I bought it was the day my leos decided that was their new toilet. This did not bother me at first because they rarely spent time there and I clean it out daily. Lately though I often catch them sleeping there and hanging out. I am obviously concerned about worms or other parasites and was wondering if anyone knew a trick to relocate their chosen poo spots.

Old 08-27-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
riverjop
what are there options?

Old 08-27-2004, 11:06 AM   #3
jenn_jeffery
I've heard that you can take a fresh poo and move it to a corner you want them to poo in. Remove all poo from where they are currently going, and clean that out really well, and move the freshest to a new place--maybe keep the 'old' place you don't want them going out of the cage for a few days...

Old 08-27-2004, 11:56 AM   #4
progeckos
Quote:
I've heard that you can take a fresh poo and move it to a corner you want them to poo in. Remove all poo from where they are currently going, and clean that out really well, and move the freshest to a new place--maybe keep the 'old' place you don't want them going out of the cage for a few days...
I’d do exactly what Jennifer said. You can take the hide out where there pooping now just make sure to clean it of any scent.

Old 08-27-2004, 12:00 PM   #5
Xelda
Even old poo will work.

Old 08-27-2004, 12:19 PM   #6
LCReptiles
I just like the word poo, and that brings me to this exciting announcment. In conjuction with Overton Pratt Industries, Lost Colony Reptiles will be releasing the famous "Nothing w/Poo Scent". This is to be used exclusively as a Leopard Gecko Litterbox Litter.

Get your orders in now, it's moving fast!

Old 08-27-2004, 12:53 PM   #7
Golden Gate Geckos
"poo"

I'd do what Jenn suggested, too... and clean out the porta-potty REAL well so no scent will remain in there. I've done it before and it works, all except for one silly gecko that still likes to crap on top of her rock hide. LOL! It's always the same spot... kind of like she hangs her little tush just over the edge so it just slides down the side. EWWWW.

Old 08-27-2004, 02:12 PM   #8
riverjop
:Puke: Ya know Marcia!....I was eating my lunch! icccckkkkk!

Jeff, just send me my portion of the royalties!

Aaron! sorry....I don't know why but I was under the impression that you wanted them to poo there LMAO.

I was thinking that they needed another place to hide, and that you could put a little moon over the doorway and a little sears catalog in that one for them to read!

Old 08-27-2004, 02:25 PM   #9
AaronFromPA
I am just happy that I made the vast majority of you say poo...

As for pooing (is that a word?) in the hide I dont mind cleaning it, just dont want them catching anything.

I did clean it out this morning and to my amazment one of the geckos had gone to their old faithful spot over in a corner of the tank. I left the poolette there in hopes they would both use that spot...lets hope it works!

Old 08-27-2004, 04:45 PM   #10
LCReptiles
The only word that is cooler then poo is poolette.. ROFL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!