Stuart/John McDonald of TX is a RIP OFF!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-10-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
JJFOUTZ
Stuart/John McDonald of TX is a RIP OFF!!!!!

Here’s the deal. I have been dealing with Stuart/John McDonald since a deal in Nov. 2003. I bought a het albino/50% het for anery female and a DH snow male from him & last March (2004) I bought a hypo/50% het for sunglow from him. We had been talking off and on during that whole time up until this deal had happened and everything below will show to be true. He had been having financial trouble recently and called me asking me if I wanted his anery male for $200 shipped since he was in such a tight spot and he considered me a friend. He said that it HAD to be a money order because of things going on with his finances at the time. I agreed to the deal and went to the bank and got a money order for $200 on July 23rd (as the pic below will show) and put it in the mail after taking the pic of it (CYA). I never received anything in return for the $200 that he received and have been getting excuses from him when he decides to respond to my numerous phone messages, E-mails and messages left with people answering his phone on occasion. There were many replies to E-mails that were contained in one continuous E-mail going back and forth that will tell everyone what has been happening over the last month and a half since he received my money order.

THE E-MAIL NEEDS TO BE READ BOTTOM TO TOP since it has not been edited in any way.

Date: 09/03/04 19:50:48
To: outlaw50@houston.rr.com
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Fw: Re: Anery male

I'll be expecting a money order for $200 next week just like I sent you. No deductions for anything like shipping for the hypo 6 months ago. As far as trying to help someone, you called me and asked me if I wanted it because you were hurting for money at the time. Obviously my $200 helped you get through that financial rough spot.

Jeff F

-------Original Message-------

Date: 09/02/04 23:09:49
To: jjfoutz@worldnet.att.net

You'll have your money back the first of the week. I'm not going to give this thing away. I refuse to take another fu--ing while trying to help someone.I'll drop it in the mail Monday. I wouldn't want to miss that deadline. Sorry , you just got caught in the middle of all hell breaking loose.But you know what I don't need this <font color=red>[**censored**]</font> any more. Good luck, I hope you can find another anery half as good as this one for $125. Think not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S Mc D

Date: 08/29/04 18:16:49
To: Stuart McDonald

Stuart,

After our conversation on the phone Thursday, when you told me that Airborne express was supposed to be there at noon and it was going to cost you $53.95 or something like that and you told me that you just got home from Florida and the whole situation with that. I actually thought that he MIGHT be here Friday morning. My wife even stayed home waiting for nothing yet again. You kept going on and on about how I got such a good deal on him and it was a steal, It may be a steal after all since I don't have him and you have had my money for over a month now.
You said that I should know better than to think you were going to rip me off. Well, considering this is the 6th time he was supposed to be shipped in the last month and never arrived here, never herd from you to tell me something happened and he wouldn't be here and don't hear from you for days after leaving repeated messages on your machine, with house guests and your cleaning lady again. I ask you, How would I know that you are not ripping me off? What does this look like to you? How many times and how long do you expect me to deal with this <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>?
My patience is wearing thin. I think I have been more than tolerant with this situation and that is about to stop. If he is not here at my house BY Friday Sept. 10th 10:30am and get a phone call with tracking#s so I know when to expect him so someone is here to receive him, I am going to start taking action with this situation. I would really hate to have to do that but YOU leave me no choice. That is the deadline. No excuses, no bull<font color=red>[**censored**]</font>, no nothing. That is 12 days from now and a month and a half since you received my money. If you can't / won't get him here by then, I don't know what to tell you as far as what happens after that, you will have done it to yourself. I will not hear nor accept excuses after that and I do not belive that I should have accepted them and tolerated this situation for as long as I have let alone giving you 12 more days to make this right. I will be waiting.

Jeff F

Date: 08/21/04 21:21:05
Subject: Fw: Re: Fw: Re: Anery male

Stuart,

How long am I supposed to wait till I know you ripped me off for sure? It has been over a week since you last contacted me in any way. I have called and left messages on your machine that I know someone is receiving because I have called and it rings 4 times and I leave a message and then called back a few minutes later and it picks up after 2 rings because there is a message on your machine. Every time I call and leave a message after that it rings 4 times before picking up so they are being received. Gee, you even promised on your mothers grave that you would ship him last Monday and it didn't happen, haven't herd from you since.
If I am to belive that you are unable to send him or even contact me in anyway because you have so much going on and that is in fact the truth, I would have to wonder what kind of conditions he has been living in recently. If you can't even send me an e-mail or call me or send him to me because of things happening in your life right now, then I would be willing to bet that this whole time he has not had his enclosure cleaned, fed, fresh water or anything. Sounds like he would be gearing up for a case of scale rot, dehydration or worse.
Friday will be a month since you have received my money. I would sincerely hope that I would have him by then.

Jeff F

Date: 08/19/04 21:27:12
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Anery male

Hellooooooo........................ Still waiting

Jeff F

Date: 08/16/04 23:13:04

Stuart,

DO we have tracking #s?

Jeff F

Date: 08/13/04 09:39:03

Jeff I'm just came home to shower & change. Brandi is having to have third surgery. Things not real good. Promise on my mother's grave that your snake will be sent Monday. I'm so sorry.............But this is something I have No control over.
SMcD

Date: 08/12/04 20:19:30
Subject: Fw: Re: Anery male

Stuart,

I understand the current delay if it has something to do with your daughters accident. I truly hope she is ok and only wish well with that situation. If that is the case then I will expect to hear from you soon.

Jeff F.

Date: 08/11/04 17:31:01
Subject: Re: Anery male

Stuart,

Considering it is Wednesday 5:30pm and there has been no delivery, No tracking # received and no word from you. I would have to say that you didn't ship him yet again without the common courtesy of a call telling me not to expect him and an explanation why. Still woundering why I am acting the way that I am? That is the 4th time you were supposed to ship him and did not and no word from you. When should I expect you to ship him FOR REAL?

Jeff F

Date: 08/09/04 16:12:00

The Anery was taken home with Dusty today,so he could take it to work with him tomorrow and ship it to you. You'll have your snake Wed. morning by 1030 AM. You'll be sent tracking # just as soon as he calls me & gives it to me. Please E-mail me upon arrival .
Thank You,
S McD

Date: 08/06/04 08:40:15

Stuart,

I am sorry to hear about your daughter and hope that she is ok.

Look at the big picture here.
I sent you the money order on Friday July 23rd for $200 like we agreed. You received it on Tuesday July 27th and you did not ship on Tuesday for delivery on Wednesday July 28th like agreed because you said that the money order did not clear till Wednesday. I told you to hold him and wait till Monday to send it so it did not get lost in the system and be lost over the weekend. You were supposed to ship Fed-Ex Monday August 2nd for delivery Tuesday and call me with the tracking #'s Monday night. I did not get a call with the tracking #'s and did not call you for them because I trusted that it had happened and that he would be here Tuesday as expected. He was not here Tuesday morning and I waited for awhile and finally called you and we talked about how Fed-ex missed your house and you would ship Tuesday for Wednesday delivery. Then you call back and tell me that it is going to cost you $75 to ship him and that you were not going to pay that to ship him to me and that you would send me my money back before you spent that to ship. I did not get nasty with you on the phone or anything. I have no Idea what the hell you are talking about with acting like you fu*ked me. Then you called back and told me that you would have Dusty ship it from work Wednesday for Thursday morning delivery for $5 since he worked for Fed-Ex. You were supposed to call me Wednesday night with tracking #'s and again you did not call. Thursday morning came and went and again no anery male. Called you and left messages on both phones and then got ahold of the cleaning lady and she didn't know where you were or when you would be back. Nothing from you all day Thursday. How am I supposed to be acting right now? What am I supposed to be thinking?

When Fed-ex missed you for pickup, you did not call me and let me know that they had missed you and I expected him to arrive Tuesday morning as planned. Hell, you were supposed to call and give me tracking #'s and I didn't call you for them and just figured he would arrive as expected. I called Tuesday after 5:00 when he should have been here by 10:30. Of course I was disappointed that you had not notified me of the situation and a bit irritated. I don't know what you are talking about with me acting like you fu*ked me because I never even insinuated such a thing. You just didn't like how I sounded on the phone.

Figuring you will screw me and keep the snake, deducting the shipping for the hypo and sending me the balance as you have stated in your mail below would be ripping me for whatever you would have decided that the shipping for the hypo would have been since the deal for the hypo was done as we both agreed for the price agreed that included shipping back on March 1st and she was delivered on the 2nd. That was 5 months ago. How do you figure you are going to receive my money 5 months later and deduct some amount that you figure for shipping and then send me what is left when that deal was complete 5 months ago? Doesn't sound real friendly to me...

I did not set the price for the anery male, you did. You told me $200 shipped for him and it had to be a money order so the IRS didn't get it when it hit paypal or your account. That is what I sent you just like we agreed, what is the big issue now? Why is that no longer acceptable after you get the money order? How are you going to deduct money from that and send me whatever you feel you should after that and consider that right?

As far as your deal with Jimmy, I did not have anything to do with that deal and do not know what transpired with it but I doubt he told you he was going to ship it over and over and when it was supposed to arrive it did not without the courtesy of a call telling you that it would not be arriving and why.

What do you mean that you owe me nothing in the end of your e-mail? You owe me $200 or the anery male alive and well. It is your choice of what you send me but that is by all rights what you owe me at this point. Let me know......

Jeff F

Date: 08/06/04 04:01:45

Jeff,
1st You pissed me off & hurt my feelings,You know I've done just as much for you as you have me........When Fed Ex missed me for pick up, you acted as if I had fu-ked you.........I think you know better than that!!!!!!!!! Ive ALWAYS taken a loss when I sell you somthing, But you have been just as good to me!!! So in my fit of stupidity, I figured screw you & I'll keep the snake , cause I could have sold him for a hell of a lot more ,more than once!!!!!!! I'll show him, I'll deduct the shipping for the Hypo & send you the ballance. But then,my daughter had a wreck & was hurt seriously & I left town,No one especially the lady who cleans my house for me,knew where I was,Dusty was with me so there was NO one to tell them what was up!!! The reason I didn't answer my cell phone, Is the Mother<font color=red>[**censored**]</font>er was in my truck & MY TRUCK WAS @ THE AIRPORT...........Think about it Jeff, I have $265.00 in the Anery, you got it for $200.00 & I'm paying the shipping out of the $200.00........So look at the picture, I'm losing $135.00, because I thought we were friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When Jimmy sold me the 1st Hypo, Remenber how long it took me to get it? I figured that scence he gave me such a deal on the price, I could wait a few days.........It took 3 weeks to get her. I damn sure didn't send him a nasty note, Or talk to him like he was an asshole & Think about it buddy, Who was the asshole from the start? Look at the whole picture, not just what you want .,You'll get your Damn snake, I'm shipping it Monday for Tue. Delivery.......Ive talked to quite a few people down here that says I'm crazy for paying $75.00 for shipping ,especially after the way you treated me on the phone when Fed ex fu-ked up. But you know what Jeff I've always thought of you as a friend, not a customer. Aw the hell with it I owe you nothing,I'll call you tomorrow & we'll talk. The more I think about the way you talked to me the madeder I get.,
Goodnight,
Stuart

Date: 08/05/04 23:53:59
Subject: Anery male

Stuart,

I think considering everything that has or should I say has NOT happened over the last week and a half (since you received my money), you really need to call me and come through on your end of this deal. Not returning my calls and messages on your home phone, cell phone and through personal messages left with those who do answer the phone is not going to help you with this situation. I do not want to let this deal turn into a situation that I take a loss and you cross over to the bad side of me. I am not trying to make myself sound like something I am not but I guarantee this situation would be taken as a personal as well as financial loss that would not be taken lightly if things do not pan out the way that we both know they should. I will not lay out a step by step plan of repercussions that would arise from this situation if it does not improve but I will tell you that when it is all said and done, you will agree that it would have been better off to ship the anery male or send me my money back quickly. It is truly a shame that it has come to this after everything in the past but that is what is going to make this personal if things continue the way that they have been. I hope to hear from you soon so that this situation can be resolved.

Jeff F

BEGINNING OF E-MAIL

Old 09-10-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
JJFOUTZ
having problems posting the pic. I will have it up as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

Old 09-10-2004, 05:31 PM   #3
JJFOUTZ
Money order pic

pic
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2004, 05:34 PM   #4
JJFOUTZ
Anery male pic he sent me

pic
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2004, 05:52 PM   #5
JJFOUTZ
In the past there was a thread on Stuart / John McDonald that I chimed in and told what I knew to be the truth at the time. I sincerely apologize for anyone that I may have mislead at that time because of my blindness to the truth. I had posted on the bottom of page 2 of http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d&pagenumber=1
Again I sincerely apologize .

I do not expect him to send the anery male or send my money back because of this thread. This was more to warn everyone to avoid doing business with him and why.

Old 09-10-2004, 09:08 PM   #6
Suncoast Herpetological
He has done a lot more than $200 damage to his reputation on this one. There is absolutely no excuse for slimy behaviour like this. This is a prime example of why people are so leary of purchasing over the internet.

I wish you luck on this one Jeff but I think you have seen the last of your cash.

Old 09-12-2004, 08:24 PM   #7
JJFOUTZ
I have already realized that I will never see the cash or anery.

His login name here is Outlaw, that should have been a clue.

Old 09-13-2004, 01:57 AM   #8
Scarlett_Fawn
Mail Fraud?

Hey, so just what CAN you do if you accidentally get involved with a bad seller? I know you can bust them for mail fraud if you pay by check, but can you also do that with money order? Anyone know about this?

Old 09-13-2004, 07:59 AM   #9
Double "D" Reptiles
key word

The key word in "mail fraud" ... is mail. I'd be keeping the MO receipt and going to through the local postmaster to begin filing charges. You paid for goods through the mail for which you were scammed. Seeing as how it's $200 then you're dealing with a felony. (I think I have it right.) Anyway, get your hiney down there and begin the process. I insist that if payments for animals must be sent in the form of check or MO that the buyer use the postal service for this very reason...a secure fallback position for themselves. While it's not that I doubt myself or my honesty, it's to begin teaching them how to cover their own backsides for future transactions with others. Too many people are trusting of strangers in this business where scammers lie in wait for them like a tiger in the jungle awaits his prey.

David

Old 09-13-2004, 09:07 AM   #10
KNOBTAIL
Apparently you took the bait, and got

hooked! I am uncertain about mail fraud. I would love to hear from anyone that reached a favorable conclusion through the postal authorities on this very subject.

Other than that, I am glad you posted this to the BOI, not that it may do you any good at this time, but others may be spared, from these vagabonds.

I can appreciate the difficulty in dealing with unknown people through the black hole of the internet, but did you ever check any references from other people who may have done business with this person.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!