Paw Of Justice - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
David Boggs
Thumbs down Paw Of Justice

Hey gang. I just did a google search for my website and came across the Paw of Justice. They appear to be a watchdog group out to stop the feeder rodent business. They have pics of several facilities and business and even took my KS ad pics and added a description of how badly my rodents are kept. They never even contacted me for permission to use my pics or ask anything about my business. Kinda like an animal tabloid. LOL. Anyway, if you have the time go to their site and check it out. If you feel the need to blast em' via e mail while you are there,I would encourage you not to fight the urge. This should be a BIG can o' worms. David

Old 09-19-2004, 08:51 PM   #2
David Boggs
Fast come back!

It seems Lydia-Peirce-Dougherty lydia@eadieshouse.org is one of the higher officials of the Paw of Justice. She just responded to my e mail and stated she has "fair use" of any pics she wants to demonstrate the horrible conditions in which feeder rodents are kept. I tried to explain that freezing rodents was an industry standard and she said she is aware of the industry standards. "There are none". I suggest we inundate her with e mails until her computer crashes. LOL. David

Old 09-19-2004, 09:07 PM   #3
SPJ
She can't just take your pics and use them. That is copyright infringement AND she is using the pics in a way that was NEVER granted permission for by you.
I would tell her to remove the pics immediately or be faced with a lawsuit for copyright violation.
Hell, you could even say her unauthorized use of the pics has damaged your business.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:16 PM   #4
SPJ
http://pawofjustice.org/index.php?cat=11

Here is the link. What a load of crap. They are calling the screen tops of the cages dust? WTH. That is just from the angle of the pic.
These guys are full of BS propaganda from what I can see.
How can they tell some mice are injured or too hot as they show with the little arrows?

I would go after them if I were you. That website just ticks me off.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:16 PM   #5
Suncoast Herpetological
Here is the address of the site under discussion. These people really do come off as pretty wacky.

http://pawofjustice.org/

Old 09-19-2004, 09:24 PM   #6
DThomas
Here is the registration info for the domain...

Quote:
Domain Name:PAWOFJUSTICE.ORG
Created On:22-Aug-2004 13:30:05 UTC
Last Updated On:22-Aug-2004 13:33:32 UTC
Expiration Date:22-Aug-2005 13:30:05 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:R&K Global Business Services dba 000Domains.com (R69-LROR)
Registrant ID:000-AW21849
Registrant Name:Andy Waltz
Registrant Organization:T.E.R.D. Communications
Registrant Street1:1903 Greenup St.
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Covington
Registrant State/Province:KY
Registrant Postal Code:41011
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.8595810556
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:dns@terd.net
Admin ID:000-AW21849
Admin Name:Andy Waltz
Admin Organization:T.E.R.D. Communications
Admin Street1:1903 Greenup St.
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Covington
Admin State/Province:KY
Admin Postal Code:41011
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.8595810556
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:dns@terd.net
Tech ID:000-AW21849
Tech Name:Andy Waltz
Tech Organization:T.E.R.D. Communications
Tech Street1:1903 Greenup St.
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Covington
Tech State/Province:KY
Tech Postal Code:41011
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.8595810556
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:dns@terd.net
Name Server:NS1.DREAMHOST.COM
Name Server:NS2.DREAMHOST.COM
Name Server:NS3.DREAMHOST.COM

Old 09-19-2004, 09:24 PM   #7
miamireps
Lol, funniest website I have seen, Dust on the screen lids? lol
Injured, sick how in the world can they tell did they physically examine the animals???
Its funny how they put "their" perspective on the pics, how do they not know all those pinks arent for feeders and the mouse in there was only for a comparison shot or a simple make photo look good shot?
They are FEEDERS not pets, why doesnt she start a save the goldfish website?
Its funny how these non for profit organizations by law are allowed to keep 90% for executive fees which means only 10% actually does anything.
Look at PETA, have they donated large sums of money to cities in need of better housing for their dogs? or have they actually offered a neuter/spay program for dogs and cats free of charge?
i dont think so, alot of the orgs are just that, B.S., they collect money to make it as they pay themselves, they never actually do anything, very very few actually do anything....

So who is with me on the appaling conditions of flushing a gold fish down a toilet?!
Lets start a non profit org and collect 90%~!!
there has got to be gold fish lovers!

Old 09-19-2004, 09:30 PM   #8
SPJ
Goldfish.
I bust my buddies stones all the time because he keeps fancy goldfish and I tell him they are nothing more than overpriced feeders that my Oscars would love to eat.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:57 PM   #9
David Boggs
Greenpeace/PETA/Paw of Justice

Hey gang, I just got off the phone with Mrs. Pierce-Dougherty and explained that I did my homework before I started amassing colonies of mice. I checked university lab standards for population density, food quality, sanitation, and euthanisa of mice. I explained to her that the substrate is aspen pellets and not poop. I explained to her that the pic of two moms and a butt load of pinks was actually taken from the end of a polycarbonate 19x10x6 lab cage. I explained that I clean my cages every 5 days. And that the 3 generation pic was used to show different sizes of mice available in one pic. I asked her to reevaluate her organizations view of my business. She has agreed to change my business from a negative view to a more positive light. Mrs. Pierce-Dougherty is also the groups attorney. I though she was pleasent and agreeable so if you are one of the named rodent breeders, contact her and see what happens. If we all speak out at once, in an intelligent manner, they may decide to sight in on someone else and leave us alone. I would suggest caution when e mailing them. They are most likely a well organized group with substantial financial backing. Good Luck, David

Old 09-19-2004, 09:59 PM   #10
David Boggs
Homework

Dennis, EXCELLENT work on tracking them down. I am impressed. Talk about TMI. LOL. Thanks, David

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!