Help with Ball morph - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-27-2004, 07:49 PM   #1
c_win
Help with Ball morph

Can anyone help me. I am new with most of the ball mortphs, especially the new ones. I was wondering about the fire balls. I don't know anything about them. any info would help thank you

Old 09-28-2004, 07:14 AM   #2
Sand&SunReptile
Fireball Ball Pythons are a co-dominant trait.
When bred together, you get, I'm pretty sure, the black eyed luecistic.
Do you understand the minimum of genetics?
Well, like I said, fireball is a co-dominant trait.
If you breed 1 fireball, to 1 normal, you get roughly 50% Fireball hatchlings, and 50% normal hatchlings.
If you breed a fireball to a fireball, you will get I think 25% luecistics, and 75% fireball hatchlings.
And if you breed the dominant form [luecistic] to a normal you will get all fireballs.
If you can understand recessive genetics, this is more explainable.
You can think of the fireballs as a "het". The thing is here though, they are a visual het. When breeding 2 "hets" together, you can get the desired outcome, which is the luecisitic, the homogenous.
And of course, breeding the homogeneous to a normal will give you all "hets".
Sorry if that is a tad confusing. LOL. Keep the questions coming, hope that helped you out a tad.

Old 09-28-2004, 12:24 PM   #3
CornNut
"If you breed a fireball to a fireball, you will get I think 25% luecistics, and 75% fireball hatchlings."

Good explanation but one small slip up in the above statement.

In theory fireball X fireball should give you 25% chance leucistic, 50% chance fireball, and 25% chance normal. Don’t forget that 25% chance that the babies will get the normal gene from both parents.

Old 10-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #4
MGReptiles
I hate genitics..lol I sware after figuring out all the genitics in the snake feild you should be able to get an honary degree in biology or something..

Old 10-04-2004, 01:01 PM   #5
Sand&SunReptile
Heh, normal. What is normal? Didn't you mean it could pass the banded/reduced/high gold/clear belly/ striped belly trait?

Old 10-04-2004, 06:06 PM   #6
coolcars011
lol, that a good normal joke, lolol,,, i need to tell my friends that one,

Wut has the world come to......

Old 10-04-2004, 06:27 PM   #7
Sand&SunReptile
I have never seen a normal listed as a normal. "Pink sided, lavendur, super reduced, peach, high yellow/gold, striped, black backed, chocolate..." I'm sure any of you can add some to that.
It is crazy.
Go to Camlon Reptile's site. They have a reduced animal. Like, seriously reduced.
All the "reduced" sellers should go there. They'd be silenced.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!