Hendrick plane crash… - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-24-2004, 10:09 PM   #1
progeckos
Hendrick plane crash…

It’s a sad day in the NASCAR community. Out thoughts and prayers are with the Rick Hendrick teams and families.

Old 11-15-2004, 01:53 AM   #2
Rockford
Maybe Johnson's win might bring a smile

Hey there...I ordered a pair of tongs from you. I know it was just a pair of tongs but I got them quick and was happy.

Good to seee your a Nascar fan too.

Take it easy-

Bthacker

Old 11-15-2004, 07:45 PM   #3
progeckos
Hey Brett,
Glad you’re happy with the tongs.

Jimmie has been on a tear lately. He’s won 4 out of the 5 last races. That’s got to put a smile on all there faces. Who is your favorite driver(s)? Mine are Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kahne, and Jimmie Johnson.

I’ve been around racing my entire life. I was 3 weeks old when I was at my first race watching my dad. He raced for over 20 years and I raced for 4 years. I have a lot of good memories and it’s my choice of sport.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:56 PM   #4
Rockford
Sweet. I am a Mopar man myself. Anybody driving a Dodge I will cheer on(even Rusty). I do however favor Marlin, Elliot(too bad he up and quit), Jr....hell, I pretty much like most of them. Stewart is on my poop list though. I am cheering for Jr. to win the cup. It seems impossible but the Red Sox just won the World Series!!!So I think anything is possible.

I really love racing though. I wish that I could have gotten into the sport when I was younger, maybe with go-karts. There is a sweet indoor track here in Sacramento called www.raceplacemotorsports.com. Check it out if you haven't already.

Take it easy-

Bthacker

Old 11-15-2004, 08:21 PM   #5
progeckos
Yeah, I’m rooting for Jeff Gordon to get the championship. Shhhh…. Don’t tell anyone.

Wow that looks like a lot of fun. In Lemon Valley (30 minutes out of Reno, NV) they have a road course (outside) that shifter karts race on. They look just like those karts but with 80cc and 125cc dirt bike motors. Let me just say those guys are crazy. I’ve seen them flip and care flight came in because the guy was coughing up blood. Something that fast needs a cage!

I raced outlaw karts for 3 years and sprint cars for a year. I don’t know if you’ve heard of or seen them but in Cali. they are real popular. If you haven’t you can go to Red Bluff Outlaws. They have movies of the karts and everything. They are fast!! I ran a 125cc and a 500cc kart. They used to have a track in Sacramento. I think it was called Prairie City or something like that.

The sprint cars were awesome too. They are so expensive though. It costs at least $30,000 for a competitive motor, and that’s just the motor! You can seen some at World of Outlaws. These are professionals but you can get an idea of what they look like.

I think it might to time for you to get into racing.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:09 PM   #6
Rockford
Yeah, I believe I will be one of those guys that get into it a little late. But it's never too late , right?

I just moved up here from SoCal and I am starting to purchase real estate and maybe when I make enough money and get comfortable I can get into racing. I'll probably start off in go-karts since they are little less expensive. Gotta start somewhere!

Outlaws are pretty cool. My buddies Dad ran them out in PA. My stepfather was also friends with Butch Arciero. He used to race super 1600's in the MickeyThompson circuit. That is a whole new world but it's all racing.

Anyway, maybe we'll catch up sometime at a show or race.

Take care-

Bthacker

Old 11-15-2004, 11:32 PM   #7
progeckos
Gnaw it’s never too late! Yeah you always start out small and get bigger. There are a lot of sprint car guys that came out of outlaw karts. Some like Sean Becker, Paul McMahan, Kyle Hirst, Roger Crockett, Brad Sweet and a lot of others. You might have heard of some of them but they are all racing sprint cars now. A couple of these guys I raced with.

The Outlaws are the best. You should go and see them when they do there western sweep. They run in Calistoga, Handford, Lake Perris, and Chico. Since you live in Northern Cal. you’re just a skip away from a lot of tracks. Yeah maybe we’ll catch up somewhere. I didn’t go to very many races this year. Hopefully more next year. I was going to go to the Gold Cup in Chico but I never did. One thing that sucks is the Gold Cup and the reptile show in Anaheim are on the same weekend. So I have to choose now.

I’m probably rambling on here but did you hear what the Outlaws want to do in 2006? They want to put starters on the cars! That idea is going to die real quick… USAC proved that already.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!