Help identifying morph of western hognose - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #1
hognoseenthusi09
Help identifying morph of western hognose

I bought a young male western Hognose last week and still being a beginner on terms for colors and patterns i am not quite sure what morph he is. A picture is attached for reference. If any more are necessary just reply.

After doing some research I believe he is either a "shadow" or "mochaccino" Does anyone have any definite answers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150915_180625938_HDR.jpg (231.7 KB, 63 views)

Old 09-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
blbballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognoseenthusi09 View Post
I bought a young male western Hognose last week and still being a beginner on terms for colors and patterns i am not quite sure what morph he is. A picture is attached for reference. If any more are necessary just reply.

After doing some research I believe he is either a "shadow" or "mochaccino" Does anyone have any definite answers?
What was it sold to you as? If a reputable breeder sold it to you as one of those morphs, it would probably be OK to assume that is what it is. Or did you purchase it as a normal? It looks like a normal to me, however, I have never seen a 'shadow' or 'moccachino' in person, but I have seen lots of normals. If it was sold as a normal, but you feel as though it is not then a few test breedings in the future will prove him as a morph or not. Hognoses are awesome snakes. Good luck!

Old 09-18-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
hognoseenthusi09
Honestly I bought it at a small privately owned pet shop that specializes in reptiles and fish. It was sold as a western Hognose, no albino or any other references. So I suppose it can be a normal. I did plan to breed him in the future so it should be interesting either way.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:00 PM   #4
Pasodama
Based on this photo, he looks like a normal to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!