This is ridiculous!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-29-2004, 11:38 AM   #1
RedQuake
This is ridiculous!!!

I hope i don't come off as sounding uncaring or harsh, but after almost a year without my grandmother (she passed away Nov 2003) she's still getting mail and its annoying the heck out of me!

We informed EVERYONE of her passing, i know cause i helped write out letters, so it boggles my mind that she would contiue to receive mail. AND when we went to vote (municiple voting in my area- i'm Canadian) my grandmothers name was STILL on the list. Surprisingly that didn't shock me though......nothing more said LOL

Its not like i want to forget about my grandmother, i don't but being reminded everytime i pick up the mail isn't helping with the healing process. I mean, i'm still rightly pissed that she died in the first place, a result of one doctors arrogence and anothers opinion that old people dont' deserve the same care as everyone else...My only comfort comes in my belief that life is one big boomarang so whatever you put out comes back......hopefully 10 fold. Getting old is a part of life, but it shouldn't come with a lack of respect.

Yes i'm still riddled with guilt and anger over the situation which is normal to an extent and yes i know that living with it all bottled up will not help me in the end.

Its just that if i do write letters to these companies once again explaining she is gone i won't be able to maintain any sort of composure.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:16 PM   #2
sirenofthestorm
My grandmother passed away when I turned 18, now I'm halfway through 20, and I still answer phone calls for her when I go home on occasion.

ya know, I'm lying thru my teeth when the telemarketers ask if mom or my aunts are home, but for whatever reason they push it when I say my grandma is not available, so I take a little perverse pleasure in making them feel like crap for being so persistent.

Old 10-29-2004, 01:32 PM   #3
RedQuake
I'd think i'd lose it if someone actually called for her now. I remember a day or so after she died either the pharmacy or doctors office called. When they asked for her, i couldnt' speak for like a minute...then i blurted out she was dead. That poor woman on the other end of the phone felt so bad.....but i didn't feel sorry for her or bad about what i had done until a while later.

I'm eagarly awaiting a fan club package from one of my favourite shows (yes i broke down, became a geek and joined the fan club) so i've been checking the mail every day (pathetic i know LOL). Everytime i see mail for my grandmother i just want to scream "you can't get blood from a corpse". Junk mail, stuff like ordering cataloges just erks me.

Then again i do realize that not all people out there can say they are the brightest light on the Christmas tree.......I've recieved mail ONLY they changed my last name to my EX FIANCE'S last name....I never changed my name because we NEVER got married so it makes absolutely NO sense......

It only proves to me that common sense isn't so common and stupidity RULES! LOL

Old 10-29-2004, 03:07 PM   #4
sirenofthestorm
the brightest light on the christmas tree

I agree completely. I'll get mail addressed to my middle name all the time. Or since I have two first names, Scott Whitney is a popular one not only for roll call and if there's a new dental technician, but he recieves mail too!!!!

Old 10-29-2004, 05:38 PM   #5
RedQuake
hehehe i'm full of those one liners LOL

- not the sharpest tool in the shed

I guess i shouldn't complain about getting mail no matter if its addressed incorrectly. I hardly get mail at all actually......and when i do they are just screwed up ones LOL.

I think having my own house is such a huge thing for me cause it also means i'd finally get mail just for me LOL.

Today there was nothing but the local paper in the mail. Sucks cause i'm really looking forward to that fan club package and i'll admit it, patience was never one of my strong points LOL.

Oh well, maybe next week.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!