It's now official. I am OLD.... :( - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:22 AM   #1
WebSlave
It's now official. I am OLD.... :(

Applied for social security yesterday. I'm already on Medicare, so I guess this now makes it official that I have joined the Over The Hill Gang.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #2
Lucille
And a good gang it is, too
Like everyone else my life has had its ups and downs, but I have to say, I enjoyed most of the seasons of my life with the possible exception of the mid teen years.
And now being retired and not having to get up and go to work every day is sweet (I do get up early, but don't have to cope with traffic, crabby bosses, weird coworkers, etc). And my first grand baby girl just turned 1 a few days ago.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
snowgyre
"Do not regret growing old. It is a privilege denied to many."

Old 06-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #4
WebSlave
So, how long do you think I've got before the government pulls the rug out from under social security entirely? I guess they will come up with some blather about how the seniors are "taking advantage" of the government and younger people by collecting on that program. They are already taxing some or all of the social security funds if you took steps to try to make certain you had some sort of alternate income later on in life. And yeah, the banks sure made sure that getting any appreciable interest on your savings account wasn't going to be any help in that department.

I was going to wait until I was 70 to collect on SS, but with the state of affairs now with the government, I felt that it would be slighlty less likely they would take AWAY money from seniors already collecting and depending on it rather than gutting the people not yet collecting and still holding down jobs. But that is a BIG maybe... I've been surprised before...

Old 06-04-2016, 03:24 PM   #5
LuckyStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
And a good gang it is, too
Like everyone else my life has had its ups and downs, but I have to say, I enjoyed most of the seasons of my life with the possible exception of the mid teen years.
And now being retired and not having to get up and go to work every day is sweet (I do get up early, but don't have to cope with traffic, crabby bosses, weird coworkers, etc). And my first grand baby girl just turned 1 a few days ago.
Congrats!

Old 06-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyStar View Post
Congrats!
Thank you. Daddy (my son) brought her over today, she is precious, she laughs and plays. She is walking and can twirl around and dance a little. She doesn't know anything yet of economics, politics, or the serious side of life.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:28 AM   #7
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Applied for social security yesterday. I'm already on Medicare, so I guess this now makes it official that I have joined the Over The Hill Gang.
Aw yay! You're officially official.

Not over the hill, but on to bigger and better pastures? (Ha! )

Old 06-05-2016, 05:33 PM   #8
JColt
Glad to hear you got it all settled. I could retire this year at a reduced rate. If I wait till 2018 I get full pension. How ever with Obama care who knows if it would be feasible. I hope so. Having hard time with motivation with all the people who just don't seem to care at work.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #9
Helenthereef
Anybody notice how the definition of "Old" changes as you yourself get older? It's kind of permanently set on 10 years above whatever you are now.

Personally I'm stretching the boundaries of "Middle age" to their limits....

Old 06-05-2016, 07:18 PM   #10
WebSlave
I don't know about you, but it's disconcerting to see doctors, lawyers, and other professionals who now look like they are still in high school to me...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!