Buyback - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
Lucille
Buyback

Would you consider instituting a system where posters might be able to pay a fee to have their warning points removed? Perhaps only the points for venial or malum prohibitum type posts could be eligible.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:47 PM   #2
WebSlave
Sometimes when I am feeling rather glum about things, I think maybe I should become more mercenary in my attitude about things. Instead of only charging a fee to allow suspended people back on this site, I could charge a fee for the following services as well:
  • Remove any offending posts you don't like
  • Create fake user names to give you a legion of people with pats on the back for you
  • Edit a post YOU made before thinking (foot extraction from mouth)
  • Delete entire unflattering posts
  • Edit posts of someone you dislike to make them look foolish
  • Change the avatar of someone you dislike into something uncomplimentary
  • Change someone's user name to what YOU want it to be
  • Suspend and fine someone YOU want that to happen to

That would really liven things up around here, don't you think?

Old 12-14-2004, 02:01 PM   #3
Lucille
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do I sign up?

Old 12-14-2004, 03:26 PM   #4
WebSlave
Hmm, maybe there is a fortune here in the making.....

Old 12-14-2004, 03:48 PM   #5
MR_Jungle_Mist
Quote:
Change the avatar of someone you dislike into something uncomplimentary
I definately would pay for this one. As a matter of fact I can think of two people right off the top of my head that I'd have an Avatar Membership Payment due every month in order to keep a certain icon up for them. How about a monthly 'maintenance' fee for that, Webslave? Just a monthly payment to keep certain avatars up for certain people.

(come to think of it - it might be an idea to have an avatar for those who have been kicked off the site or 'asked to leave' for a nice visual when looking through older posts)

Anyhow - back to the original question - I don't think it would be a good idea to be able to pay your way out of a bad situation. I know that people can change their ways so maybe their warning points can disappear after 1 year - or 500 posts/3 warning points or so. I'm not sure if that could easily be done automatically without Webslave having to do it manually, though.

Besides, when I read a particular post and think "dang..that guy is just an @ss.." it's nice to be able to know it isn't just me by looking at his warning points.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:13 PM   #6
Lucille
Steven, hush!!!! I was well on my way to offering Webslave maybe ten bucks or so to have my single point 'taken care of'..... The point was given for not listing my name, (this is not a whine-o-gram, I deserved it) so you should not be deprived of any kind of perverse pleasure by looking at my posts and having my **point** affirm any opinion you may have of me, lol......
I do agree that this whole concept of Webslave's, above, would generate a huge amount of cash in a very short amount of time. I would definitely take great pleasure in installing an avatar or two for some of the people I've met here.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #7
Lucille
By the way, since I edited my profile, my full name appears on all my posts.....

Old 12-14-2004, 05:06 PM   #8
robin d.
29 x 10 = 290
you could make a fricken killing... i kinda like stevens idea too

Quote:
I know that people can change their ways so maybe their warning points can disappear after 1 year - or 500 posts/3 warning points or so. I'm not sure if that could easily be done automatically without Webslave having to do it manually, though.
i am a good person with 29 points...... all of em except one i think i knew i would get prior to posting... i chose my wording and thought before i hit reply... sometimes things need to be spelled out and sometimes in doing this is quite brutal and not very prety. i agree with the whole point thing but the thing i can not understand is, if it was not intended to reflect on a persons reputation, i am sure it does. I may be honest and say what is on my mind and maybe say things people want to but are afraid of but as the points ring up here or there... it seems as though the more points a person has the badder (is that even a word) they are. and i am not bad... so beats the dooy out of me maybe the point system should be able to be viewed by the person whom is getting the points... webslave and the mods. and when someone is banned or assesed points it be posted in the logfile... crap i dont know
just some imput me and my 29 will be skipping away now

* that was not a math mistake it was a typo ermmm i swear i can add and subtract divide and multiply... even do square roots .... but i can not type LOL

Old 12-14-2004, 05:20 PM   #9
Lucille
Pssst Robin your math......
I bet this could be a goldmine for Fauna........

Old 12-16-2004, 08:05 PM   #10
bcfos
A buyback of points is a bad idea period. Some people don't like having the points they have, but honestly everyone makes a mistake every once and a while. So my thinking is just deal with it as it is a fact of life here. And on a serious note if Rich and crew handed out points for every single TOS or rule violation there would be a lot more points given than they are now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!