Time for a break - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 07:58 PM   #1
Lucille
Time for a break

I wanted to place this post here because I wanted to say what I have to say.
There have been several polls and threads about the possibilities of various kinds of charges on Fauna. These have met with everything from apathy, to interest, to very well reasoned and analyzed comments.

I am impressed by the thoughtful posts of many people I don't usually see posting; as well as the insights of many of the regulars. There have also been a vast number of posts supporting Webslave and praising Fauna, as well as opposition voiced.

I think it is important to voice your opinion, and I have written several posts on the responsibility of voting. If a choice is made and you have not bothered to make your voice heard before, it will not ring very loudly after.

VOTE.

I would like to say how much respect I have for the way Webslave is holding dialogues with people about the thoughts and opinions they have posted.
I think he deserves a LOT of support from all of us, for his hard work, and for listening to what we have to say.

His choices are difficult, so I thought I would put this thread up just to voice my respect. I sent him reputation points, too. I think he deserves a ZILLION of them...

There are many other threads devoted to the way Fauna should, or should not be run; to how fees for use should or should not be apportioned. Some of the posts get quite heated, and there are attitudes and ideas flying back and forth.

Perhaps out of the heat, new and better ideas will be forged. This thread is a way to take a brief break from all that, to say thank you to both Webslave and to each other (the people who have posted on the discussion/poll threads), and show support.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:30 PM   #2
TooManyBurmese
As I said in another thread, I think Webslave needs a break.

For those of you who kind of pay attention to people, I think we can all agree something is up with Webslave. He's cranky, tired, and he really seems fed up and finished with all of this... shtuff.

Sure we can all play in the epic battle that is "free vs $10"

But is anyone thinking about what all this... shtuff is doing to our guy? I think the poor guy needs a freaking break.

Lucille, I love you to death, but putting this thread in Hell is... going to be "hell" I just hope you're prepared for what the little potty mouths of this site will have to say.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:43 PM   #3
Karen Hulvey
Really what is $10 anyway? I can't even get a half a tank of gas for $10. Heck some of the reptile shows are charging $8 just to get in the door. This $10 fee would be for a whole year and not just 6 or 7 hours of browsing. Sometimes the BOI is better than watching Jerry Springer and is worth paying for.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:39 AM   #4
Lucille
Thank you, Karen.

Danni, I somehow have a reservoir of trust and respect for the members here. The level changes but the reservoir is never exhausted.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
kiote9
I was hoping something would show up here.....

Hello,

I don't post much as I am using this site to LEARN from, but I do have an opinion.....many in fact.

I would like it if people would post their pissing matches HERE when a controversial issue arises. Yes, it's ok to post an opposing opinion, but the put downs and arguements belong here.

IMO this is the Webslaves site and he can do as he pleases with it. If he charges a fee I will pay it because I want to use the site. I VOLUNTEERED money because I believe it's worth it. If no one will know what the impact of a fee would be until it is imposed. The fact that we were asked our opinion was a nicety, but not a necessity.

There will ALWAYS be people who use the internet to make their opinions heard. They don't care who disagrees with their having access to the sites, they want to speak, argue, generally make a nuisance of themselves. It's what they do. Will they pay for the privilege of doing so? I don't know. Will I read their posts? HELL YES! They are funny. Of course, because I am a quiet little speck reading these posts none of their poison is directed at me and I can enjoy it until I get tired of it and quit reading THAT thread. It is educational in the long run. Shows you who is going to abuse you and who'll defend you in the long run. It helps to define the character of those you might do business with in the future.

If the BOI were to cease to exist it would be more difficult to trust internet sales, I would probably only use big name breeders and anyone they personally suggest. Or go to more shows so I could see the animals before I purchased. Life goes on.

Shelly Pauley
"So Long And Thanks For All The Fish!"

Old 02-01-2005, 09:38 AM   #6
cthulhu77
Yeah. What she said. LOL... I agree though...ten bucks isn't much in the big scheme of things, and this site is certainly worth every penny !!! And anyway, Lucille, I am quite sure you can hold your own in Hell !!!
greg

Old 02-01-2005, 09:45 AM   #7
kiote9
Lucille,

I don't know you, but I have a great amount of respect for you and for the time and effort you put into this site. Thank you.

Shelly Pauley

Old 02-01-2005, 03:36 PM   #8
DaveyFig
Lucille,I have seen the poll and it doesn't look like the fee is winning.Does that mean there wont be an fee implemented? If thats not what it means, then why is my vote, or anyones vote important? I know you want all the members to vote. That would rock, and if everyone who votes votes for for the fee, and all 15000 plus members pay, that would be freakin awesome, and might keep Fauna floating, but where do we stand if the vote says no, and the fee is implemented?
Are the people who are donating now...you know, the hardest of the hard core supporters who are in favor of the fee, going to be charged again when the fee is implemented?

Old 02-01-2005, 04:31 PM   #9
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig
Lucille,I have seen the poll and it doesn't look like the fee is winning.Does that mean there wont be an fee implemented? If thats not what it means, then why is my vote, or anyones vote important? I know you want all the members to vote. That would rock, and if everyone who votes votes for for the fee, and all 15000 plus members pay, that would be freakin awesome, and might keep Fauna floating, but where do we stand if the vote says no, and the fee is implemented?
Are the people who are donating now...you know, the hardest of the hard core supporters who are in favor of the fee, going to be charged again when the fee is implemented?
Check the other thread where you asked Webslave that same question. He answered it shortly after you asked it.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:08 PM   #10
DaveyFig
OK, I wasn't addressing Webslave here, but thanks.
I don't see Rich encouraging anyone to get out and vote. He stated thet the fee is his only option, so he isn't out there pushin members to vote. I am just wondering what Lucille(the person I addressed) hopes to accomplish with the vote.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread