Just a darned odd experience I once had.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-16-2005, 04:43 AM   #1
WebSlave
Just a darned odd experience I once had....

Maybe this is why I have always had a fascination with unexplained happenings and stuff on the fringes of contemporary science.

I think I have lived a pretty mundane life, for the most part, and things have generally happened like any normal human being would expect them too. Days follow nights, clocks run clockwise, things tend to happen in an orderly fashion based on cause and effect. BUT I have had something VERY odd happen to me when I was younger that I just cannot explain. I don't think I have spoken about this to more then one or two people. Probably because it just bothers me to even think about it and try to understand it.

I guess I was about 17 years old, not had my driver's license very long, and had my mom's car out for a drive. Not that it means much, but I lived in Baltimore at the time, so the names of the roads help me to anchor this in my memory.

I was driving south on Harford Road, around dusk because I remember I had just turned on my headlights although it wasn't really dark out. I got into the left hand lane to make a left hand turn at Cold Spring Lane, and while I was making the turn, someone blew their horn to my left. It was a REAL stupid thing to do, but I turned to look to see who had blown the horn, assuming it was someone I knew. Well, when I turned back to look at where I was driving, ALL I saw in the front of me was the backend of a parked car right dead in front of me. I took the turn fast, like dumb teenagers will do. WAY too fast to stop, and all I could see in the headlights of my mom's car was the backend of that parked car. There was not a damned thing I could do, so I just closed my eyes, gripped the steering wheel straight-armed, waiting for the impact, thinking, "Mom is going to KILL me!!". I have NO idea what happened next, but when I opened my eyes thinking "darn it is taking me a long time to hit that parked car" , I was driving normally on Cold Spring Lane. I had to pull over to the side of the road because I could not believe I was not through my windshield. For long moments I thought I must be dead, because there was just NO WAY in hell I could have missed that parked car.

I'll be honest, I get goose bumps just thinking about it even now. I absolutely cannot explain what happened that day. Even if my reflexes had taken over and I had whipped the steering wheel around to miss that car, I was going fast enough that I would have slid into it sideways. How I could have gone from closing my eyes anticipating the crash, to just driving like nothing at all had happened with no memory at all of what happened inbetween just absolutely scares the hell out of me. Something very unusual happened to me and I have no way to grab a handle on it to even begin to understand it.

Yeah, I know some of you are going to think that I had to have avoided the accident somehow and my mind just blanked it out. But even right now, I can see the backend of that car and how there was not enough room between the front end of my mom's car and that parked car to even have been the slightest chance I could have missed it.

Damn, I WISH I knew what had happened then. I think of this often and for 40 some years it is a hole in my understanding of reality that makes everything else just seem "false". Something happened that couldn't have possibly happened. So how do I really know what is possible and what is not possible?

Heck, no wonder I haven't talked about this. It sounds loony even to me. I'm not even sure I have ever told my wife about this.......

Old 02-16-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
Traci1
I love your story Rich. I believe Someone upstairs was looking after you!.

Old 02-16-2005, 11:38 AM   #3
Manhattan Herps
i have to agree with traci on this one, you must have yourself a pretty darn good guardian angel

thanks for the story rich, got goosebumps reaing it

Old 02-17-2005, 01:12 PM   #4
mmfrankford
Or you had a really bad ghost driver in front of you.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:13 PM   #5
kevk
i had something similar happen to me when i was 17.me and 3 other guys were driving down jackson rd. in atco,nj.it has woods on both sides and is dark and empty.it was about 11 at night and ithere was noone on the road and all of a sudden there was a lady and a little girl in the road.i slammed on the brakes and cut the wheel and slid and hit nothing.i jumped out to see if i hit them and everyon else thought i was crazy because they never saw them and there was no trace of anyone.one of my friends believed me because he saw my face when i saw them and said my eyes went wide like i saw a ghost before i hit the brakes.crazy stuff.people also see a ghost in atco of a little boy in the road.it's even painted out in the street what you have to do to see it.but that's on burnt mill rd. and not where my incident happened.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:53 PM   #6
kiote9
There is a theory that humans on the whole used to be far more psychic than they are now.

It would seem that everyone sees or feels something at sometime. Ghosts, odd noises, shadows that don't belong. It's possible that the "rational" human brain dismisses it or makes a logical excuse for what occurred.

Myself, my siblings, my mother and my aunt have all had experiences, as have several of my friends. I have a friend who is very psychic on several levels. It's hard to actually believe what is seen or heard.

I was driving one morning at about 5 a.m. (my job) and I "saw" out of the corner of my eye a very old man in a ball cap and flannel shirt. He was sitting in the jump seat, strapped into the seatbelt, and was trying to tell me something. When I turned to look at him fully he was gone. I didn't hear a word of what he was saying. Scared me half to death. No idea who he was or what that was about.

It would be great to have people to talk to and explore these things, but I am skeptical of anyone who publicly claims to have abilities like the mediums and palmists. Too many scammers out there.

It would be so nice if people could be trusted.........

Old 04-15-2005, 04:01 AM   #7
WingedWolf
Most folks with abilities are low profile.
It does tend to run in families, if you'd wondered about that. I don't think people used to be more psychic than they are now, however.
Nor do I think "everyone is psychic"....if you know what to look for, it's about 10% or so of the population who have active abilities, and most of them have very minor ones that they tend to ignore.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:38 AM   #8
concretejungle
When I was in my early 20's I was living in Gallup, New Mexico.
One night while driving home from my girl friends house I noticed a pack of wolve's running along the road. I slowed alittle bit as to not hit any of them. As I got close to them one of them just froze and looked right through me. I felt all the hair stand up on my arms and neck and I knew what I was seeing was not natural. I passed the wolve's and sped up to 55 mph and still had that strange gut feeling I had felt when I saw them. I looked out my back window and thought about how glad I was to be far down the road with them far behind me. Just then I noticed something in the corner of my eye running beside my car.... It looked out the side window and saw what looked like the wolf from the waist up but the bottom half was a man and it was running along the side my car at 55 mph. I punched the gas peddle and started to pull away and I sware I saw that thing smile at me. I called my girl friend when I got home and told them what I had just seen. They told me I had just seen my first "skin walker" and what I had seen was not that unusual for people living in that area to witness.
That experience really opened my eye's to the bigger picture most of us don't see and it still brings a pounding sensation to my lower back and makes the hair stand up on my arms and neck just thinking about it.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:02 PM   #9
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretejungle
When I was in my early 20's I was living in Gallup, New Mexico.
One night while driving home from my girl friends house I noticed a pack of wolve's running along the road. I slowed alittle bit as to not hit any of them. As I got close to them one of them just froze and looked right through me. I felt all the hair stand up on my arms and neck and I knew what I was seeing was not natural. I passed the wolve's and sped up to 55 mph and still had that strange gut feeling I had felt when I saw them. I looked out my back window and thought about how glad I was to be far down the road with them far behind me. Just then I noticed something in the corner of my eye running beside my car.... It looked out the side window and saw what looked like the wolf from the waist up but the bottom half was a man and it was running along the side my car at 55 mph. I punched the gas peddle and started to pull away and I sware I saw that thing smile at me. I called my girl friend when I got home and told them what I had just seen. They told me I had just seen my first "skin walker" and what I had seen was not that unusual for people living in that area to witness.
That experience really opened my eye's to the bigger picture most of us don't see and it still brings a pounding sensation to my lower back and makes the hair stand up on my arms and neck just thinking about it.
OK, now that got my attention. What else do people in that area say about them? What are they? Any more information on them? I would really like to hear more about "skin walkers"

Old 06-12-2005, 11:43 AM   #10
concretejungle
O.K.

Don't quote me on this.... But this is how I remember my g/f's dad explaining "skinwalkers" to me.
Skinwalkers are a type of evil medicine man that have the ability to change form or shape shift and I believe the perferred form is a black wolf like creature.
I heard that in order to become a skin walker you have to kill or be part of the killing of an immediate family member. After death they dig up the body and remove certain body parts to make a powder that they use in there bad medicine.
My g/f's dad told me of one time he was following some wolf footprints and that at one point the wolf footprints stopped and then there was some rolling around and then a man's footprints replaced the wolves.
I also had some friends that lived in Ft. Wingate, N.M. and they told me about a skin walker that liked to terrorize the trailor park where they lived. This skin walker would jump from roof top to roof top rocking the trailor's laughing and screaming.

It some really wierd stuff.........

My present g/f said she found out alot about "skinwalkers" by doing a "google search. I think I need to take a look myself and see if there's some info I haven't heard of.........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!